Originally posted by Coral Tech:
Have to say that if he made the decision to go with these guys, as the expert that took 9 months making the decision, I would think he would be worried about his job at this point. I suppose it would matter how important the phones really are though. I have seen MANY IT managers fired over these things for far less downtime. Just another example of how Cisco can talk to IT peeps and tell them what they want to hear or understand.
I never claimed I was an expert in phone system. I am an IT Manager, NOT a phone guy, I mentioned that at the very beginning!

CISCO DID NOT SELL ME THE SYSTEM! I do not know how many times I can repeat that. Its a Cisco system but they are not the vendor.

We have had no downtime as our current phone systems will continue running until I have this all sorted out. I will have this whole setup, up running and tested for at least a week before I consider cutting over, everyone in my agency understands and completely agrees with this approach. I am in no way worried about my job.

As for the final decision on the vendor, no I did not say "I want this vendor". Did I recommend them, yes I did. They did a great snow job on me. As I said before, the tech the sent out during the quote phase knew his stuff, answered all the questions, offered up suggestions etc.

I researched all the vendors that I got quotes from, both good and bad, as every single company out there has. The good out weighed the bad. I just ended up on the bad side so far.

Now back to the install:

Better day today, two more remote sites up and running. 4 more to go, should have the rest up by Thurs.