I guess I am missing something here. Why wouldn't a small business have an IP office? I think there is much misinformation going on with this thread. You can install an IP office and not even use the IP part of it, install complete system with digital phones.

You missed what I wrote on page two of this thread about 3/4 of the way down.

...It's like a guy going into a hardware store for a shovel to dig a hole and the store clerk tells him that shovels have been replaced by backhoes. He doesn't need it, he can't afford it. All he needs is a damn shovel.

Forgetting the pitfalls of IP for the moment, the basic problem is that until it costs the same or less as traditional systems, provides the same features and is as easy to administer, install and maintain there will never be a market for it in the small business sector.

Yes, I realize that you can install an IPO using digital phones and not use IP but the cost is still there- much more than a traditional system, particularly those needing only a few phones. These small system are the backbone of the industry, and I can tell you that they don't have the deep pockets that large companies and their IT departments do. That's who is falling for this stuff, not Mom and Pop.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.