If it's OK, I'd like to join into this important discussion.

I'm not well knowledged with "IP", but I do believe that the IP Telephony train is gaining more and more steam...and Avaya is working to drive that train. As a Civil Service CO Tech, I recently noticed that Avaya has been conducting successful testing with Foundry Networks (along with Siemens, Cisco, and Sphere Communications), resulting in Foundry Networks being the first vendor to receive Department of Defense, and Defense Information Security Agency's full VOIP Certification ( article ). I wish I could offer input as far as the Partner Systems, but I'm not very familiar with them. I do think however that the small buisness customers will begin to change their way of thinking as the IP technology continues to emerge, and Avaya wants to be the "Go-2-guys" for these small business customers. Like with any other new technology, it's only natural for many customers to not want to switch over to IP, but I think (at least with some applications) these customers will begin to change their approach towards the IP market, as they observe various IP trends.