Can't help but comment on 2 lines from posts above.

"Well, maybe. How are you going to ground a system using a two-slot carrier? While I agree that they are decent systems, it wasn't until the ACS came along that the Partner became a real contender in the market with features"

The Partner, from near day one of introduction in 1990, has held the #1 marketshare position in the United States. #1 is a real contender in my book.

"Followed by partners available from migration
to go to the refurb market there should be product for another 10-12 maybe 15 years." At least... think about how easy it is to still get Merlin system parts. Long term parts availability, even if refurbished, is what makes this brand (even through 3 names) great.

My local competitor (Sells Vodiva now, formerly sold Executone) tells anyone with a 10 year old system "Sorry, can't get parts anymore." regardless of wheather it is true or not... just to sell a switch.

Because the ACS continues to do very well in the marketplace I doubt that Avaya would pull it soon without a viable replacement.

Its like saying the Toyota Camary has been around for so many years, we are sure Toyota is just going to stop making it. Why would they do that when they are selling so much of it?

The Partner is a great system that will probably be around for many years to come, in my opinion.