I do think however that the small buisness customers will begin to change their way of thinking as the IP technology continues to emerge, and Avaya wants to be the "Go-2-guys" for these small business customers. Like with any other new technology, it's only natural for many customers to not want to switch over to IP, but I think (at least with some applications) these customers will begin to change their approach towards the IP market, as they observe various IP trends.

Mike, it's not a matter of changing the way they think or that's it's a new technology. It's like a guy going into a hardware store for a shovel to dig a hole and the store clerk tells him that shovels have been replaced by backhoes. He doesn't need it, he can't afford it. All he needs is a damn shovel.

Forgetting the pitfalls of IP for the moment, the basic problem is that until it costs the same or less as traditional systems, provides the same features and is as easy to administer, install and maintain there will never be a market for it in the small business sector.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.