There are two basic types (at least)of MOH KTUs. There is the ITT 403 that is an isolator card. This lets you have MOH without getting crosstalk on the dialtone lines. Most 400 cards require a KTU of this type. Some don't (I don't remember off hand which ones don't, but they're rare.) Some systems (The WE Comkeys I believe) had this isolation built in, but I can't speak to it as I never really worked on them. The WE & ITT 400Es did need the 403.

The 403 would not plug in to a normal 18 pin slot. If you didn't have a panel with 20 pin slots (most didn't) you had to add a 359 (single) or 259 (double) 20 pin adapter panel (or similar).

Then you have the SanBar FM radio card, that was an FM tuner on a 400 type mounting. Plug it in and pick your favorite FM radio station.

Some of the early "fancy" Japanese 1A2 type systems had a built in MOH. The Tie 1030 (Grey Whale) had a thing that looked like it came out of your grandmother's music box. It played anything you wanted as long as it was "Annie Laurie".

Ask away. I'm amazed I can remember any of this stuff.

I'll ask the other Cranky Old Timers to double check me. Please. I think I remember this stuff and then I begin to doubt myself.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"