web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
"Do you guys really argue with a customer who wants a Cat6 run because Cat5e is 5 dollars cheaper??"

No, but I do try my best to not get customers to use cat6 for voice just because it's on a spec sheet, the same spec sheet that often says "cat3 100pr from IDF to MDF".

"There really isn’t a cost argument between Cat5e and Cat6 anymore. "

takes considerably more time for me to terminate, and when there are hundreds of long runs of POTS, cat6 adds up. Last time I checked, a cat6 110 block costs about 10x what a cat5e does. Keystones (quality ones) are 2x as much, and good patch panels in cat6 are a lot more than cat5e. I can pipe a building in ENT and install cat5e for not much more than what nice cat6 everything costs.

Jack

The question is more important than the answer.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

To work against a customer's preconceived or ill-conceived notion is usually not the right path to take if you want to make sales.

It is like Big Pharm smile . Joe feels a little down and he reads a magazine ad or sees a TV commercial that tells him Prozac is the answer. He goes to a doctor (you, in this scenario) and before the doctor can tell him he really just needs to eat better and exercise, Joe demands Prozac.

The fact that the doctor is an expert and actually has a personal face-to-face with Joe means nothing. The TV ad promised everything.

The doctor's expert, healthy advice is disregarded because Joe has his mind made up before he went to the doctor.

The doctor won't prescribe Prozac because he sees it as entirely too expensive and unnecessary. So Joe goes off to a doctor that will give it to him at a premium price and not care about Joe's best interest. The doctor gets to charge Joe a whopping visit fee and the big margin on the drugs.

That is the same scenario most of you will face. You want to be the caring expert, but your reward will be the door hitting your butt on the way out the door.

We bid a 10-gig job that one of customer's wanted because the CEO read an article in Sky magazine on a flight that said anything less is a huge mistake. His mind was made up, there was no point in trying to educate him.

Two or three other companies really pushed CAT5e and wouldn't even bid a 10G solution. Their bids were not even looked at, ours was, and we made a lot of profit at probably 4x-5x the price of the other bids.

Ask any salesperson - give them what they want or someone else will.

Another frequent example are customers who have voice cable in place but insists on an all-IP phone system because it is 'better.' No use asking him/her why she believes that, TOO LATE.

Hello Everyone
I am new to the chat platform, but thought I would mention what is happening in my locale.
Everything is going cat 6, I just completed 1200 drops and everything on my horizon is for the same spec. Everyone in general wants it certified. I have been using Leviton products and like what I see, especially using the Fluke Rapid Jack for terminating. However I have 2 of these but managed to turn in 2 others for warranty replacement. I have been using a DSP-4300 for certfication but am looking at the newer DTX.
I have 31 years experience in the Telco business but took a early retirement package.
Lately I probably logged more miles on a step ladder alone than most people do walking.
But enough already, have enjoyed your chit chat, but only had the time as of today to sign up.
Have fun and keep your stick on the ice.
WortepLime

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,434 Shoretel
189,205 CTX100 install
187,447 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024