Most remote testing is done with automated one-CLICK now-a-days but I’ll run through typical sequence of what would happen on a 4 test-point circuit test.

This should clear up WHY test point location AND orientation is so important. wink

A-End
POP/POI
|
|
|
Test-point 1
|
|
|
Test-point 2
|
|
|
Test-point 3
|
|
|
Test-point 4
|
|
|
End-user NID
Z-end

1) FROM test point 1 looking towards z-end… I’ll loop-up customer NID and test to it. I see errors so now I know there’s an issue some where.
2) Loop-down customer NID.
3) From TP1 looking again towards the Z-end… Loop-up TP4 and test to it. I also see errors there.
4) Loop-down test point 4
5) From test point 1 again looking towards Z-end… Loop-up test point 3 and test to it. I also see errors there.
6) Loop-down test point 3
7) From test point 1 looking towards Z-end… Loop-up test-point 2 and test to it. Loop tests run clean.
>>>> Trouble is between TP 2 and 3.
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE
8) From test point 3 looking towards the A-end (towards the POP) I loop-up test point 1. (I already know there is an issue there but I test it anyway to be sure) It takes errors.
9) From test point 3 looking towards the A-end again I loop-up test point 2 and test to it. … And it runs clean.
The trouble is on the A-side of test point 2.
10) Loop down test point 2 and create a dispatch ticket to tech in the C.O. where the 2nd test point is located.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)