A-Z AID: 9-10-16                    Z-A AID: 35-28-10
             AIS: Enabled                        AIS: Enabled
          Alarms: Enabled                     Alarms: Enabled
    Frame Format: ESF/ANSIATT           Frame Format: ESF/ATT
       1st State: In Service               1st State: In Service
       2nd State: Active                   2nd State: Active
      Collect PM: Yes                     Collect PM: Yes
       T3 Failed: No                       T3 Failed: No
1st what A-Z Aid and the numbers after it?
2nd:
Code
performance data: TP = 1
                  CST               ES     UAS     BES     SES    LOFC
   Current Interval (29 secs):       0       0       0       0       0
     11:30:00 AM - 11:45:00 AM       3       0       1       2       0
     11:15:00 AM - 11:30:00 AM       0       0       0       0       0
     11:00:00 AM - 11:15:00 AM       1       0       0       1       0
     10:45:00 AM - 11:00:00 AM       3       0       1       1       0
                  Current Day:      30       0       2      27       0
                 Previous Day:     129       0       5     119       0
Valid 15 minute intervals: 20 = 5 hrs 0 min
When they pull this, how do i know if thats incoming or outgoing errors?
on ticket its stating showing slow errors
Thanks

Bob
Posted By: justbill Re: AT&T PMs - 01/14/10 11:33 AM
Access identifier. Probably the port in a DACS IV Alcatel. Your test points will be on your GUI layout. I'd say TP1 is incoming from the drop on the A end, but I'd have to see the circuit layout to be sure.
Posted By: Bob Elbe Re: AT&T PMs - 02/07/10 04:39 PM
Sorry about the delay, Thanks Bill.
When stats are pulled are these bi-directional errors? or is it from prev test point? so lets say tp 2 shows errors, are those errors coming from tp1 or 3? or to check that they need to pull stats from tp 1 and 3 and see which has errors showing?
Posted By: justbill Re: AT&T PMs - 02/07/10 06:53 PM
If I'm understanding correctly. Errors at tp 1 would be passed through to tp 2 A to Z any errors at tp 3 or 4 would be Z to A and unrelated to the A to Z errors.
Posted By: CnGRacin Re: AT&T PMs - 02/08/10 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Bob Elbe:
1)When stats are pulled are these bi-directional errors? or is it from prev test point?

Not bi-directional per se, you’ll have to look at is Z-A or A-Z thing and know where and how a particular test point is orientated. You’ll have to look at the WORD doc to know for sure ‘cause this is not always the case but typically Z= end-user and A= POP/POI. Making from a Telco perspective Z-A being overall receive (coming FROM the end-user) and A-Z overall transmit (TO end-use.)

Multiple test points in one circuit path are for trouble isolation. A tester can test from ANY one test point to another or even loop out to an end-users loop-able NID.

so lets say tp 2 shows errors, are those errors coming from tp1 or 3? or to check that they need to pull stats from tp 1 and 3 and see which has errors showing?

In you example which direction is TP2 looking… Towards the A end and back at TP1? Or towards the Z-end and back at TP 3?
Posted By: CnGRacin Re: AT&T PMs - 02/08/10 08:16 AM
Most remote testing is done with automated one-CLICK now-a-days but I’ll run through typical sequence of what would happen on a 4 test-point circuit test.

This should clear up WHY test point location AND orientation is so important. wink

A-End
POP/POI
|
|
|
Test-point 1
|
|
|
Test-point 2
|
|
|
Test-point 3
|
|
|
Test-point 4
|
|
|
End-user NID
Z-end

1) FROM test point 1 looking towards z-end… I’ll loop-up customer NID and test to it. I see errors so now I know there’s an issue some where.
2) Loop-down customer NID.
3) From TP1 looking again towards the Z-end… Loop-up TP4 and test to it. I also see errors there.
4) Loop-down test point 4
5) From test point 1 again looking towards Z-end… Loop-up test point 3 and test to it. I also see errors there.
6) Loop-down test point 3
7) From test point 1 looking towards Z-end… Loop-up test-point 2 and test to it. Loop tests run clean.
>>>> Trouble is between TP 2 and 3.
BUT WAIT THERE’S MORE
8) From test point 3 looking towards the A-end (towards the POP) I loop-up test point 1. (I already know there is an issue there but I test it anyway to be sure) It takes errors.
9) From test point 3 looking towards the A-end again I loop-up test point 2 and test to it. … And it runs clean.
The trouble is on the A-side of test point 2.
10) Loop down test point 2 and create a dispatch ticket to tech in the C.O. where the 2nd test point is located.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help