I think that most of us do network cabling as well as standard voice already. By hiring IT people into our companies WE are the IT Staff and evolve thus getting calls not only about voice problems but data as well.

That's all well and good if you have the budget to hire dedicated IT people and want to become an IT company. If I was interested in IT I would have learned that myself. This is a telecom company.

My point is that until a company gets to a certain level they don't have IT staff...

...it still leaves a HUGE base of small companies without IT staff of any kind.

And my point is that those are the companies who would be better served by a TDM system but I digress.

Those companies may not have IT staff but all will have SOMEBODY available to maintain their computers and network. I had an old established customer just like that dump their Partner system that we sold them many years ago for VoIP. They never even asked us for a quote or told us what they were doing. They wanted VoIP, so their first instinct was to contact the CG who they call to work on their computers and he ran with it. Never mind that I'm an Avaya BP and could have given then an IPO. All they thought is that I'm a telephone guy and VoIP ain't telephone.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.