AWESOME!!!!

I just got off the phone with Graybar. They found 20 of them in Tampa ($22 ea.). I ordered 8. For those that may have interest, the Graybar part # is 88272846. I ma JAZZZZED! I didn't think I would ever find them. Thank you so much.

Ev, I appreciate your generous offer. That was really nice of you. I'm not familiar with the Melco units, and I'm sure they are quality. But I really wanted opto-isolated because of the problems I've had in the past with lightening strikes. And this TA-1 is the only one I've ever seen that was built on this technology.

YIPEEEE!!!

Now, I have 2 more questions this morning for you guru's.......

1.) I want to put fuses/circuit breakers on the T/R wires coming in on each line (one fuse/breaker on each wire). What amp fuse would you suggest? Slow or fast blow? Again, trying to protect myself (line cards) from lightening. I know this won't stop a direct or very close hit, but it is better than nothing.

2.) My 1A2 is presently set up for 8 sets (and intercom for all 8). What is the physical limitation on the number of sets I can hook up to the ITT 1A2? I'm sorry, but I am not a telco guy, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. Something tells me the magic number is 16?

I can't tell y'all how much I appreciate your advice. It's great that I have found a bunch of guys willing to share their expertise on this subject.

(smiles)