I can help you with this, but there's a lot to it. The first thing I will need to know is that brand of "shoebox" KSU you have; is it a Western Electric 551A, B, C or it is it an ITT 601A. Just in case you have trouble locating the information, here are some pointers:

551A is light gray, has a hinged cover which swings to the right and has a twist-lock power cord on the bottom right corner.

551B is very similar, but the twist-lock AC power connector is eliminated and just a plastic grommet is in the hole for the power cord to pass.

551C has a dark gray lift-off cover and very little visible wiring inside the unit. All wiring is behind the backplane.

The 601A has a white lift-off cover with an ITT logo at the bottom. All card slots are horizontal and are on the left side of the chassis.

While we are at it, check inside the phones for buzzers. If they are AT&T/Western Electric sets, chances are that they are there. If ITT or Comdial, the only way to know for sure is open up the sets and look. The buzzers should be connected to the yellow-orange or yellow-green pair, but actually any spare pair can be used.

Once we have this information, I can help you plenty with this. I will be out of town this weekend, but will be happy to help you early next week.

[This message has been edited by ev607797 (edited May 13, 2005).]

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX