Business Phone Systems

Thread Like Summary
nonameyet, Professor Shadow
Original Post (Thread Starter)
#644898 06/09/2023 2:28 PM
by adamsih300u
adamsih300u
Good morning,

I was recently introduced to the Executech series (via YouTube), and am hoping to pick up some equipment (probably from eBay) to play with it. I currently have a household 1A2 system which works great, but I thought I might want to play with something a little newer in my home lab. Someday I might get tired of pulling large cables for three lines + intercom. :-)

I'm currently looking at the N1024 or N0820, but I see there is also the Executech 2000 - which seems to have more features. Because I'll probably pair some ports for OHVA or SOHVA (not that I need it, but to learn) I don't think I care for the 0308 as I'd anticipate needing more station ports. Then I see there are 'X' models too, which I haven't found manuals for online.

What I can't really find are the years these units came out, can someone give a high level timeline of the equipment, and if there's a sweet spot in terms of features?

Thanks so much,

Adam
Liked Replies
by RATHER BE FISHING
RATHER BE FISHING
Those units were used in the 80s and early 90s. Do yourself a favor and consider the DSU I or DSU II platform instead. Later version of Comdial. 1 pair to every phone. Very feature reach and durable. Will also support add ons like Caller ID and voice-mail. DSUs were modular and could go 24 lines by 48 stations withe the optional modules.
1 member likes this
by adamsih300u
adamsih300u
Not that it's relevant anymore to the topic title, but I thought I'd close things out by saying I got my hands on a reasonably priced J0816 with Impact Software Rev. 5b. I have a basic Impact phone on order to get started with.

Thanks for the guidance and advice, I'm sure I'll have questions on this at some point, which will go into a new topic.

-Adam
1 member likes this
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,553 Shoretel
189,428 CTX100 install
187,596 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024