Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#644898 06/09/23 10:28 AM
OP Offline
Good morning,

I was recently introduced to the Executech series (via YouTube), and am hoping to pick up some equipment (probably from eBay) to play with it. I currently have a household 1A2 system which works great, but I thought I might want to play with something a little newer in my home lab. Someday I might get tired of pulling large cables for three lines + intercom. :-)

I'm currently looking at the N1024 or N0820, but I see there is also the Executech 2000 - which seems to have more features. Because I'll probably pair some ports for OHVA or SOHVA (not that I need it, but to learn) I don't think I care for the 0308 as I'd anticipate needing more station ports. Then I see there are 'X' models too, which I haven't found manuals for online.

What I can't really find are the years these units came out, can someone give a high level timeline of the equipment, and if there's a sweet spot in terms of features?

Thanks so much,

Adam

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Those units were used in the 80s and early 90s. Do yourself a favor and consider the DSU I or DSU II platform instead. Later version of Comdial. 1 pair to every phone. Very feature reach and durable. Will also support add ons like Caller ID and voice-mail. DSUs were modular and could go 24 lines by 48 stations withe the optional modules.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: nonameyet
OP Offline
That sounds reasonable! Thanks for the guidance; it looks like the DSU series support a broad series of phones, which is great. Even a cordless! :-)

Thanks again!

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
PM Sent

Click on your name to access the dropdown then click on Private Message to view.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
OP Offline
I appreciate the info - I've put in an offer on a DSU II J0816, so we'll see. Like everything these days, the prices are going up. :-)

Thanks again, once I get hardware I'll probably have a question or twelve. Though the manual is so easy to read...it may be relatively simple to get up and running.

-Adam

Admin
Admin
Super simple system. One of my favorites. I recycled over 80 of those cabinets last year. Kinda hurt to see them go but I wasn't getting a lot of requests for phone systems. Made a ton of money selling those back in the day.

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I can imagine there's not a ton of people looking for these for new installs today.

Quick question: I see from the manual that the J0816 is a DSU II for 8 lines, 16 stations. Online - I'm also seeing an L0816 model for sale that looks very similar. Is that like a later revision? I don't see that model mentioned in any of the manuals I've seen.

Thanks,
Adam

Admin
Admin
DSU I was a black cabinet. DSU II was a beige cabinet. It is the J0816. The DSU I had drop in cartridges for software like old game catridges. Made it easier for software upgrades. 20A was the last DSU I software cartridge. Feature rich and stable. DSU II was flash based. Same features but wasn't easiest to upgrade software.

[Linked Image]
Admin
Admin
With the exception of a couple of phones, all of my Comdial product went to the scrapper in 2019 and 2021. The Impacts were wonderful back in the day, if you didn't want CallerID. CID was an add-in with an external box (CallerID.com made an equivalent box). I probably have about 10 phones.

I don't have the heart to junk my Panasonic KXT, TD, and TDA cabinets and phones. It will probably be available at my estate sale.

At some point in time, I'll be blowing out my last NEC DSX/SL product in favor of the Grandstream UCM boxes.

Carl

OP Offline
I'm always late to the game grin By the time I take an interest, everyone on the main market has decided that whatever-it-is is a rare collectible, lol. Happens with cameras, radios, etc. - gotten especially worse since 2020.

Funny you should mention caller ID; I always get amused that my home 1A2 system will always ring first, while the home cordless phone that my wife uses is taking it's time to figure out the Caller ID. Makes me chuckle. I envision eventually getting the CallerID box, once the new system is up and running, and assuming I get one or more LCD-enabled phones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,425 Shoretel
189,197 CTX100 install
187,439 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024