web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Will the Nortel sets, both T and M series, operate on the next release of IPO or just Rel. 7 of Partner?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I guess I will throw this out there too. I am not happy with the new "busines" plan that Avaya has adapted. Its not just Avaya, but all the makers now. By going to a platform of equipment that requires licensing, you have essentially taken away the ownership of equipment from customers. They will be constantly tied to you for everything. Small companies like ourselves will no longer be able to offer Avaya products because we will never be able to meet the high quota requirements of the GOLD dealerships. This in turn will expose a lot people to pay higher prices for equipment and service. With the internet now, customers have resources at their disposal that they never had. I lost a few of my Avaya customers to open source equipment because the quotes we gave them were substantially higher than the quotes they got for say an Asterisk, and with the Asterisk they weren't going to be bombarded with future license costs. I think this is something to consider when Avaya is trying to be competitive in the market.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
It would also be nice if the Partner version IPO would support more than (18) Partner Euro phones.
We have several customers out there that has maxed out their ACS and need to expand, but frown about having to replace so many of their Euro sets to do so.

Thanks,

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by Z-man:
.... I lost a few of my Avaya customers to open source equipment because the quotes we gave them were substantially higher than the quotes they got for say an Asterisk, ...
Well, lets look at apples to apples. You are saying that you lost a deal, to an open source system, that is free. Sort of makes it hard for anyone to compete against that price model.

But with the licensing, they dont lose their licensing. Avaya doesnt make you pay a recurring fee, its a one time license....
So if i sell you a vociemail pro license, and that pc dies, i dont have to buy a new voicemail pro, just the pc it is on...that is a huge investment protection.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by mongo5150:
[b] .... I lost a few of my Avaya customers to open source equipment because the quotes we gave them were substantially higher than the quotes they got for say an Asterisk, ...
Well, lets look at apples to apples. You are saying that you lost a deal, to an open source system, that is free. Sort of makes it hard for anyone to compete against that price model.

But with the licensing, they dont lose their licensing. Avaya doesnt make you pay a recurring fee, its a one time license....
So if i sell you a vociemail pro license, and that pc dies, i dont have to buy a new voicemail pro, just the pc it is on...that is a huge investment protection. [/b]
I agree Matt. :thumb:

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
What are the chances of adding a key system emulation?

Located in Southern California.
Mitel, Avaya, Nortel and Hitachi Products and services for Hospitality and Business sectors. Tel: 1-800-329-7971
So most manufacturers are going IP. Where is the competition for a traditional, reliable, phone system?
You had the market cornered with the Partner, and blew it when it was discontinued.
But now I'm super cool. I can program a system now at the bar from my IPhone wink

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
Originally posted by 1864:
So most manufacturers are going IP... Where is the competition for a traditional, reliable, phone system?
You had the market cornered with the Partner, and blew it when it was discontinued.
But now I'm super cool. I can program a system now at the bar from my IPhone wink

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
First of all I love call screening. Good addition glad you are considering it.
Thin client admin another great idea.
You also have my vote on mailboxes for groups.

Support for more legacy sets, limit of 16 too small. Have a lot of Partners at capacity or with lots of large and/or relatively new phones. The need to add T-1, SIP/PRI, or more users could motivate a customer to upgrade from a legacy switch, if he didn’t need to replace so many phones.

Would like to see the legacy Partner sets supported when upgraded to IP Office mode. Real investment protection.

I would love to see ASA, an underutilized feature on ACS; maybe because of hardware, and/or a lack of knowledge of most sales personnel.

Add Centrex transfer option to automated attendant selector options.

Add additional night service groups. Some small businesses have multiple operations.

How about the ability to login/out of hunt groups?

Thanks for asking for input!

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally posted by mongo5150:
[b] .... I lost a few of my Avaya customers to open source equipment because the quotes we gave them were substantially higher than the quotes they got for say an Asterisk, ...

So if i sell you a vociemail pro license, and that pc dies, i dont have to buy a new voicemail pro, just the pc it is on...that is a huge investment protection. [/b]
I think you are missing my point a bit. Why would someone buy an IP Office knowing they have to buy licenses, when they can buy open source without license restrictions? Why the change from the old days when you just had to add hardware to expand?

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,700 Shoretel
189,733 CTX100 install
187,909 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 97 guests, and 305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024