Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#93268 04/06/09 01:05 PM
tlb Offline OP
OP Offline
Hal,

I was simply asking what I thought to be a reasonable question. This is not the "installers" forum, therefore I assumed I could ask a question concerning a new product release, etc. Yes, I am an end user. Aren't end users like me the reason why Installers/BP's like you are in business? I purchase several of these systems a year for my businesses, etc., which perhaps help keep the product line alive.

If the above response is the best you can offer, then perhaps you shouldn't be a moderator in this forum. It really is of no benefit to anyone and wastes yours and my time.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

#93269 04/06/09 01:44 PM
Don't blame hal,

Technicians study this stuff all their life. You are not in business based on the rainy day and the roofer you are not. We offer help in a metal roof or shingle form.

This is How we pay the rent.
\

TLB said<
perhaps you shouldn't be a moderator and perhaps I should be allowed to call on your business niche. I edited this.

Aren't) Is not the end users like me the reason why Installers like you are in business, ect whitch perhaps I think like a electrician but do not make as much money as a plumber to figure it out.

Call me on you next centrifuge nuclear experiment.. It cost money.. Sign my meal ticket.
\

#93270 04/06/09 05:38 PM
"Like the Merlin 820 that gave a pre tone alert."

Is that asking to much?

"It would be nice if Avaya would double the size of the Partner"

Yes!

Metal Roof

Trump 2020
Proud 1 star member.
#93271 04/06/09 05:47 PM
Yes you can certainly ask about new product releases however don't expect to get any dealer information which is what you seem to be fishing for. Software upgrades are not an end-user item.

Yes, I am an end user. Aren't end users like me the reason why Installers/BP's like you are in business? I purchase several of these systems a year for my businesses, etc., which perhaps help keep the product line alive.

If you purchase from any other than an authorized local Avaya BP with installation you are barking up the wrong tree. Internet sales and DIY installation is what's killing this industry not helping it. It certainly doesn't help keep the product line alive and doesn't pay my bills.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#93272 04/06/09 06:53 PM
tlb Offline OP
OP Offline
I only purchase from a local BP. They are behind the curve getting the new processor/upgrade and I was only inquiring if anyone has had any experience with one and if it infact was officially released today as planned. Thats all. I have no hidden agenda and am not "fishing" for anything from you or the forum.

As for the comment about all the DIYer's out there, I spent some 15 years with NASA designing the electrical and hydraulic systems on the Space Shuttle and helped develop the computers and write the software that control the vehicle so If I happen to change the time on any of my Partner systems, upgrade them, or add a phone or two please forgive me for stepping on your and/or "the industries" toes. I would feel real silly calling my installer for such mundane tasks. It's really not rocket science, but what I did for NASA for many years was.

#93273 04/07/09 01:37 AM
tlb, I am glad to hear that you buy from a local BP. It should be them whom you should posing your questions. As far as the BP being behind the curve on the new processor, with it just being released today, I don't see how you can say the are behind. Express your desire of the R8 to them and they should respond promptly, especially if you say you purchase several of ACS's a year.

To back the Hal's point, in our industry there are many "wannbee's" that too often do more harm than good while trying to save a buck or two. You may be an expert on "Rocket Science" but Hal is an expert in his profession. How would you feel if Hal came to your forum asking to do a little Rocket science of his own? I am just trying to get you to look at it from his point of view to see where he is coming from.

This forum is a great place for help and advice. If your local BP does not deliver "up to speed" service, someone on this forum will step up and find an installer for you.

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner
#93274 04/07/09 04:16 AM
Fair enough. To answer your question about whether any of us have installed one yet- speaking at least for myself I won't sell one until there is some positive history. I have just in the last year begun selling the R7 and how long has that been out?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#93275 04/07/09 05:27 AM
tlb Offline OP
OP Offline
DayTech,

Points well taken, although I'm still a little confused. If this forum is not the proper place to ask questions that I would otherwise ask a local BP who can't answer them, then what is it's purpose? Surely it's not just a place for people in the industry to visit with each other.

Yes there are "wannabees" in most industries. I would bet most of us on here have changed our own oil or mowed our own yards and that certainly doesn't make us auto mechanics or landscapers. I am in the hotel and resort development business now and I see the "wannabees" in this industry as opportunity for me. When "they" purchase a hotel and try to operate it and screw it all up this creates opportunity for me and my companies to come in and turn it around just as a botched phone system installation creates work for the qualified technicians to come in and make it right. I realize the frustration that qualified technicians face daily in the industry with CG types trying to do telephone work, but it's not going away so make the best of it and make a buck in the mean time.

Personally, I would welcome Hal in the "rocket science" arena. It only takes a Master of Science degree and a willingness to learn.

#93276 04/07/09 06:56 AM
tlb, this is exactly the place to ask those questions. The link listed below should answer at least your one about the release date. I welcome any and all questions.

Todd

https://esearch.avaya.com/r/results.asp?SITE=com&querytext=acs+r8

WWW.EmeryCommunications.com
Authorized SMB Avaya Business Partner
#93277 04/08/09 04:27 AM
I am a BP that reads these forums a lot. I may be BP, but I surely don't know everything.

These forums can be a wealth of knowledge, and if they can prevent someone calling me asking a mundane question that takes away from more important matters, then I am all for it.

edited...please read item 7 in TOS "Keep your discussions on topic and avoid personal attacks and name calling if someone posts something you disagree with."

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,740 Shoretel
189,815 CTX100 install
187,942 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 6
Who's Online Now
4 members (dexman, jeffmoss26, JBean3329, justbill), 168 guests, and 314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024