VM
VM Cover
DND
LNR
SNR
Loudspeaker Page
MOH
Forward

Still, that leaves a lot of real estate even on an 18D with just a few lines. What are your commonly assigned features?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

VM, LNR, Recall (if centrex), Page all, sometimes DND.

If you give them a MOH you will get calls asking why they hear the on-hold from their phone all the time. I normally assign VM cover globally so no button. VM Xfr on the receptionist's extension. Forward only on a button to a specific extension. The rest they won't understand anyway even if you tell them 100 times.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
PMCook Offline OP
OP Offline
MOH hasn't been a problem. Many businesses won't allow radios because everyone gripes about the stations and the volume. MOH actually comes in real handy for that purpose. I gave up on cheat sheets, they usually become small manuals by the time everything is written down. Anything more than a 5x8 card and they won't read it. Hence the buttons.

My philosphy is the less buttons you give them the better. I just give them what I think they need (usually just last # redial, page all and VM) then what they ask for if they know enough to ask.

I usually get the eyes glazed over deer in the headlights look just explaining what the feature button is for. So now I just tell them it's for speed dials and show them that. That's about all they can handle and most never grasp the system and private speed dial concept.

The problem here is that this is the GUI generation and explaining button functions is beyond their comprehension.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
A consultant [honest one ] once said if you tell
them 4 features ,they will use 4 ,if you tell them 20 features ,they will use none.

RIP Moderator-General
RIP Moderator-General
Gotta go with Hal on this one...Less is better, We usualy give them VM, Transfer to VM, Last number dialed.
That seems to be enough for them to get into trouble with.........

Bob Wells
WellComm, Inc.

"As long as nobody's dead or in jail, it can't be all that bad ! "
I give them VM, VMT, DND, LNR and auto dial for other exts.

I give Busy-Indicator lights to supervisors so bosses can watch chatty employee's amount of time on their phones.

To Succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone. ..Reba McEntire
Send-All-Calls (to coverage)

Autodial to VM including the # so AUDIX skips asking the caller for his/her ext and goes directly to password. If they request it I'll program the password in too.

Busy Indicators. BUT, and this is a big BUTT, I don't put them on without the permission of the both parties, unless it's a superior position viewing the activity of a lesser position.

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
Originally posted by hbiss:
I just give them what I think they need
Ditto this whole discussion. When I started in telecom I would go thru this long list of options and saw the eyes glazing over. I was just trying to be as informative/helpful as possible. Best thing to do is rely on our experience and assign button as we see fit. The way I approach it now is, I tell the user that if there is a function they need to tell me about and I'll decide the best way to get it done. Whether that be a programmed button or a feature code.

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,866 Shoretel
189,984 CTX100 install
188,101 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
2 members (Yoda, Professor Shadow), 55 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024