web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#77178 11/15/05 02:20 PM
OP Offline
What Voice Mail/Auto Attendant would you Lucent guys recommend for an old Merlin Plus system?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
well. They dont make them anymore, but voysys was made for old merlin systems. Not too bad to set up. I have a hundred or so out there, but there is only 1 place to get them (that I know of) King technologies. They bought the rights, but if memory serves me right, they dont have anymore....

They were selling and repairing them not to long ago Give them a call

Its a real old technology so dont expect to much.

If this is the merlin you posted on last week
do you have spare sta ports ?

OP Offline
Hey guys. Thanks again. They do still have the systems.

voysys was made for old merlin systems... Its a real old technology so dont expect to much.

Real old technology isn't the word for it. It's a cobbled together poor excuse that should have never seen the light of day. That thing is not worth the trouble, believe me.

If they are even considering a VM system don't prolong the agony, it's time to ditch that Merlin.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
I gotta agree with Hal. Time to ditch the vintage 80's stuff and upgrade to something a bit more modern, and RELIABLE! You will regret everyday the Voysys is installed.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
M
I remember from your last posts ,this is the
guy with the old merlin and no money.

B4 you commit to this mail get the book and user guide and read the operation ,if your thinking
voicemail as in todays v/m systems , not good.

I have personal friends that i have refused to put this in.

We all know who the bad guy will be in the end.

Again you will need 2 or 4 station ports available.

OP Offline
This guy is the pastor of a small church. The church and his offices are next door to each other. One of his parishioners took him for a ride on this system. Sold it to him a few weeks ago as a "great system," then never would even come back and make it work. A mutual friend called me and after looking at his offices I agreed to help. The only thing more pathetic than his phone system is his LAN. So I'm getting him cleaned up a little at a time.

He isn't going to spend the money on voicemail. I showed his staff how to do a hookflash disconnect and transfer the call to call notes until he can afford to have me put him in a small Inter-Tel Axxess system. Until then I'll to help him out and keep this thing working.

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
MacGyver,
I would agree with the others,you should tell them not to waist the time and money on a voysys and wait until you can put in the Inter-Tel. They will not like the old VM, tell them to hang in there until you can put in something better.

I'm sending you a PM, I think I can help you out.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,888
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,814 Shoretel
189,927 CTX100 install
188,042 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 168 guests, and 157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024