Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#645927 01/21/24 11:40 PM
rbngan Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm looking for some help on the process to install the RCIS2 card in an existing CTX100

The CTX 100 unit has two outside lines. The cards are ACTU2A, ADKU1, RCOU3 and IVP8, installed in the slots in that order.
Here are the planned steps to installing Caller ID in CTX100 by adding the RCIS2 card
1) Power down unit CTX100 then unplug AC.
2) Remove cover, Insert card
3) Cross connect CO wiring line one and line 2 RCOU3 to RCIS2
Using RJ11 2 way splitter (Four-Conductor (6P4C) Socket) to plug into RCOU3, incoming CO with two lines on one side of the RJ11 splitter and a short four-conductor wire to plug in to the RCIS2.
4) Power up CTX100 – plug in the AC, then flip turn unit on.

Summary of Programming
Slot assignment: Cabinet 01, Slot 04, PCB Type RCIU/RCIS…
Code 313: 01= CLASS; 02= ANI and DNIS; 03=010401 for line one and 010402 for line 2; 04= Enable.
code 321: OLG Number =1; 01=10 digit number for the organization; 02=10 digit number for the organization; 03= Disable; 04= no value; 05=NA

Am I missing any install/codes steps? Does it look like the programming values include all that needs to activate this RCIU2 card for Caller ID?

Any pointers on installing this card would be appreciated.

For more those interested in the details of the programing it is below:
Programming Caller ID via Net eManager:
1) Program code 100 CIX/CTX CABINET SLOT PCB ASSIGNMENTS
Hover over System, select: Card Assignment
Cabinet=01
Select slot 4 (slot 4 is open)
PCB Type: “RCIU/RCIS - 4 or 8 circuit Caller ID interface”
Click Assign

2) Program code 313 CALLER ID ASSIGNMENTS
Hover over Trunk, select: Trunk Assignments, -. Select Caller ID tab.
Select Line 1 then complete 01-04 below the select Line 2 and complete 01-04 below.
This program assigns RCIU/RCIS Caller ID circuits to the RCOU/RCOS CO Lines and defines the ANI;DNIS; DID formats for TI and analog DID CO Lines.

01 Signaling Method Specify the format for the interface being used:
Possible values: Nothing (default), ANI/DNIS-MCI, ANI/DNIS-Sprint or CLASS (Caller ID)
Note: BCOCIU/BCOCIS lines are automatically assigned as "CLASS" by default when installed before system initialization.
I'm choosing: CLASS

02 Signaling Contents
Specify the contents of the ANI/DNIS format:
Possible values: ANI and DNIS, ANI only, DNIS only or DID only (default = no value).
I'm choosing: ANI and DNIS

03 CLASS Equipment No.
This assignment is required for RCOU/RCOS Caller ID lines, it is not required for BCOCIU/BCOCIS or CTX28 lines.
If the CLASS type is chosen for RCOU/RCOS lines they must be assigned to RCIU/RCIS Caller ID circuits. Enter the RCIU/RCIS equipment number that should be assigned to the selected Line/Trunk number.
Enter data as XXYYZZ:
XX=cabinet 01~07
YY=slot 01~10
ZZ=circuit 01~08
Example: If the RCOU/RCOS line should be connected to a RCIU/RCIS Caller ID circuit in cabinet 5, slot 2, circuit 3, enter 050203.
I'm entering: 010401 for line one and 010402 for line 2

04 Caller ID Ring Start
This assignment is required for RCOU/RCOS Caller ID lines, it is not required for BCOCIU/BCOCIS or CTX28 lines.
This program assigns when an incoming call on RCOU/RCOS analog lines with RCIU/RCIS Caller ID should start ringing a station.
Enable: the call will ring the station as soon as the Caller ID data is sent on the line - the system does not wait for the second ring from the PSTN to ring the station.
Disable: the line will ring the station on the second ring signal sent from the PSTN.
Default=Disable
Note:1.
This option does not apply to the BCOCIU/BCOCIS interface cards - Caller ID lines connected to BCOCIU/BCOCIS ring the station immediately after receiving the Caller ID data - they do not wait for the second ring from the PSTN to ring the station regardless of how this option is set.
2. This option does not apply to the CTX28 interface cards - Caller ID lines connected to the CTX28 system ring the station after receiving the second ring from the PSTN regardless of how this option is set.
I'm choosing: Enable

3) Program code 321 CALLING NUMBER IDENTIFICATION
When calls are made using ISDN services; the telephone number for which the call originates must be specified to the PSTN. This number is what is defined as the user supplied Calling Number. This number may be optionally screened by the PSTN to ensure only calls from valid billable telephone numbers are allowed to originate calls.

OLG Number Possible values:
1~6 CTX28
1~32 CIX40
1~32 CTX/CIX/100
1~50 CIX200
1~50 CTX/CIX 670 BCTU only or BBCU only
1~128 CTX/CIX670 BCTU + BEXU or BBCU + BECU
1~50 CIX1200 HCTU only
1~128 CIX1200 HCTU + HEXAU
1~220 CIX1200 HCTU + HEXBU
I only see one option to enter a value of: 1

01 Default Number - Enter the telephone number to use by default when originating a call. This is the number that the PSTN has registered for billing purposes.
Possible values: as registered for billing purposes.
Up to 10 ASCII characters (default = no value)
I'm entering the main 10 digit number for the organization.
02 Number Prefix - Enter the prefix telephone number for which a DID number will be appended to create a User Identified telephone number. This number may or may not be a billed number, but is used for Caller ID at the distant end and could be used for returning your call.
Possible values: Up to 10 ASCII characters (default = no value)
I'm entering the main 10 digit number for the organization.

03 Number Verification - Specify whether the number provided should be screened by the PSTN before the call is to proceed.
Possible values: Enable or Disable (default)
Enable Disable
I’m choosing: Disable

04 Default Number 2 - Enter the second telephone number to use by default when originating a call. This is the number that the PSTN has registered for billing purposes.
The second number is for BRI only
Possible values: Up to 10 ASCII characters (default = no value)
I’m choosing the default = no value

05 Default Name ** Your switch software version does not support this parameter.
NA

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you have any way to check for Dialtone on the cable? Check to make sure the RCIU ports have a dial tone.
Are you sure that the carrier is sending the Caller ID? This is where a telephone test set comes in handy. You can hear the caller ID tones come through after the 1st ring before answering.
Is the Toshiba phone ringing? Caller ID only displays on a ringing phone.
Does the Toshiba system suppress the first ring? You will not hear the 1st ring on an incoming call. The Toshiba PBX waits for the Caller ID information before ringing the phones.

rbngan Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, I see you caught my typo of RCIS should have been RCIU in my original post.
Originally Posted by newtecky
Do you have any way to check for Dialtone on the cable? Check to make sure the RCIU ports have a dial tone.
I have an analog phone that I can plug into the RCIU port after it is installed. The Toshiba phones presently do get a dial tone but I can check after the RCIU card is installed.

Are you sure that the carrier is sending the Caller ID? This is where a telephone test set comes in handy. You can hear the caller ID tones come through after the 1st ring before answering.
Yes they do send a caller ID.

Is the Toshiba phone ringing? Caller ID only displays on a ringing phone.
The Toshiba phone does ring, but since I have not installed the RCIU card yet it I do not expect it to display the ID yet.

Does the Toshiba system suppress the first ring? You will not hear the 1st ring on an incoming call. The Toshiba PBX waits for the Caller ID information before ringing the phones.
I"m not on site but I called and asked then to check. and they said when they call they hear the ring on their phone and the Toshiba phone at the same time. So it appears it does not suppress the first ring. Is that a setting that needs to be set once the RCIU card is installed?

Thanks for your help.

OK. I see that the card is not installed yet. I just skimmed and thought this was already installed and wasn't working.

I haven't installed a RCIU in a few years. Toshiba finally came around and made the BCOCIU card with built-in caller ID.

It looks like you are on the right track. Assuming that the splitters can do 2 lines, and the cords have 4 wires, that should work. The lines have to be connected to both the RCOU and the RCIU.

Once you enable Caller ID, then the 1st ring should be muted as the system waits for caller ID. You can't even turn it off when you have caller ID enabled on the lines. When it detects CLID (after the 1st ring), then the line should ring right away (04 Caller ID Ring Start)

Program code 321 doesn't apply to analog lines. You can't send caller ID on outbound calls on POTS.

Usually, there isn't anything wrong with powering off the system. Except if the rocker switch is bad and the system does not want to turn back on, or the battery doesn't hold the programming and also the SM card does not have the latest backup.
So far I have only had the 1st thing (power switch) happen a couple of times. On very rare occasions I have had the system default and then pull the programming from the backup SM card, but I always had a current backup. Usually, I see this happening when you pull out the power cable before turning off the rocker, or when I forgot to move the battery strap on a new installation.

Other than that, you are probably fine to power off the system, but just an FYI; the cards are hot-swappable.

rbngan Offline OP
OP Offline
OK. I see that the card is not installed yet. I just skimmed and thought this was already installed and wasn't working.

I haven't installed a RCIU in a few years. Toshiba finally came around and made the BCOCIU card with built-in caller ID.

It looks like you are on the right track. Assuming that the splitters can do 2 lines, and the cords have 4 wires, that should work. The lines have to be connected to both the RCOU and the RCIU.

Once you enable Caller ID, then the 1st ring should be muted as the system waits for caller ID. You can't even turn it off when you have caller ID enabled on the lines. When it detects CLID (after the 1st ring), then the line should ring right away (04 Caller ID Ring Start)

Program code 321 doesn't apply to analog lines. You can't send caller ID on outbound calls on POTS.

Usually, there isn't anything wrong with powering off the system. Except if the rocker switch is bad and the system does not want to turn back on, or the battery doesn't hold the programming and also the SM card does not have the latest backup.
So far I have only had the 1st thing (power switch) happen a couple of times. On very rare occasions I have had the system default and then pull the programming from the backup SM card, but I always had a current backup. Usually, I see this happening when you pull out the power cable before turning off the rocker, or when I forgot to move the battery strap on a new installation.

Other than that, you are probably fine to power off the system, but just an FYI; the cards are hot-swappable.

Finally had time to install the card. I powered it down fine, slipped in the card, connected the phone lines, between cards, powered up. Went to eManager. programed as Indicated and caller ID displays when I called in, transfer the call to different ext and when I called in nigh mode and self direct to different extension. All seems to be working well. Thanks for your help.

However, I could not get the DTK3010 phone to display and scroll through missed calls to see their ID.
The user instuctions are:
CALLER ID This function allows you to view telephone numbers of ‘’missed calls’’ (call register)
• Press the caller id key
• The last callers telephone number will appear on your screen
• To view details of this number press the silver Page key
• Press the silver page key again to return to the telephone number
• Use the volume up/down key to scroll through the last 10 numbers
The system will record the last 10 numbers dialed in. If the screen is blank this means that the caller has their number blocked or set to private.

I did see I had to add the Caller ID soft key to the DKT unit and did that to ext 200. But after adding the Caller ID key and pressing it did not display the last caller IDs. I did see two other codes 577 and 579-04 that involved storage of caller ID. I used 1200 for 577-00 and 200 for 577-01, I enabled 579. However I did not help and was not sure if I was missing another code that what would provide the desired outcome to display the last Caller ID calls.

Do you have any experience in this feature and suggestions on what it takes for it to display on the DKT3010 units?

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited by rbngan; 02/19/24 01:43 AM.
Keep in mind, a missed call is a call that rang in but not answered. Even a caller who who was answered by the auto attendant and hung up is not a missed call. I never liked this feature, it was misleading to the end user.

Program 579 SYSTEM VOICE MAIL DATA is only used for caller ID in the voicemail system. If you are using DTMF integration, this won't work.
Program 577 assigns an extension to be a global caller ID store for a specific CO line in the system.

The program you will probabaly want is to 204 DKT paramertes - 17. This will allow a spefic number of Caller ID numbers storaged per extensions (up to system max) from 5 to 100. A zero (default) means no history

Also, unlike a VoIP system, if you had 10 phones ringing on a line, only the station that answered the call will store the caller ID. The other ringing stations will not show a missed call in their history.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,821
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,456 Shoretel
189,218 CTX100 install
187,471 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024