Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#645964 02/01/24 08:06 PM
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Trying to fire up a new app server, running VM Pro 11.1
I cannot get the installer to go off of the USB drive or if it does, it stalls during part of the install. Has anyone had this same kind of issue?

I have a Linux guy that I bounced this off of, and his thought is that the hardware is too "new" for the 11.1 ISO file? He says that should be running CentOS 9 and that the ISO for this VM Pro installer is CentOS 7? I'm not a Linux guy, so I don't know if this has any merit or not. It is a brand new Dell Precision 3660 that was shipped with UBUNTU Linux on it. Figured we would just pop in the installer to install the VM Pro app and off we go. Apparently, that isn't the case. Curious if anyone has seen this before and what a possible work around may be?

Jeff

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
As an update, it looks like the issue may have to do with BIOS no longer supporting "legacy boot" - at least someone who knows Linux is telling me. Anyone else see anything like this? Not sure how to get this installed on new hardware.

Admin
Admin
If the installation begins then you've made it past the boot phase. Legacy BIOS booting can often be enabled in your PC's bios.

Maybe try a different USB imaging program: Rufus and Unetbootin are the two I've used in the past...

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
This particular hardware, and all of the newer hardware I've tried (all Dell), no longer offer the option for legacy boot.
I will try your suggestion of Unetbootin and see if that helps any.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,398 Shoretel
189,137 CTX100 install
187,422 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024