web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jc2it Offline OP
OP Offline
In our new service we have CID name and number sent but it doesn't display on the DKT2020-SD LCD phones. I see settings for ANI and DNIS, but nothing for CID.

What am I missing? Where in eManager should I look for this?

Should I be asking for a configuration change on how the data is sent? We have an 800 number should we be getting ANI data?

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
What cards are you using for your trunks. If RCOU you need a RCIS caller ID card to get CID. If you have a PRI your CID should pass. Since you switched to SIP what is doing the conversion to POTS?

jc2it Offline OP
OP Offline
Grandstream HT8 series I think it is the HT818 but it has been a couple of weeks since I looked at it and it is at a remote site.

The Trunk is Assigned to a RCOU/RCOS according to the eManager.

I do see now in the Caller ID tab a Signaling Method and it is set to 'none'. It says there are other options, ANI-MCI Format, ANI-Sprint format, and CLASS.

"If you have a PRI your CID should pass." So this is why when calls are transferred from our main office to that branch Caller ID works. The BIPU-Q handles it. Is there a way to utilize it for CID locally?

jc2it Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by SSPhone
What cards are you using for your trunks. If RCOU you need a RCIS caller ID card to get CID.

It looks like an RCIS is a daughter/piggyback card for an RCIU or RCIU2 Caller ID Card. Google says an RCIU2 is a 4 port caller ID Card so I would need both for 5 lines?
Does this replace the RCOU or is it inline with it?

Administrator
Administrator
Good luck finding a RCIU and RCIS. But you would need both and the lines have to be connected to both the RCOU combo and the RCIU combo. And yes it takes up a slot.

If you have a newer processor (ACTU3A), you could use a BCOCIU/BCOCIS combo to replace the RCOU/RCOS.

You mentioned the BIPU-Q, so it sounds like you may have a pretty old system. It's been a few years since I installed one of those cards.

jc2it Offline OP
OP Offline
If I find the cards, Install and reconfigure them to work together, Will this require additional licensing?

No. Only the trunks require licenses. Adding a Caller ID card does not require any additional license.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,579 Shoretel
189,457 CTX100 install
187,615 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024