web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#645618 11/08/23 08:36 AM
OP Offline
Good morning can anybody tell me if the SV9100 is PCI compliant. I see there is a Encryption License (BE114068) but I can't find an answer to see if that would make it PCI compliant. System is a CP-10 with the latest software, all phones are VOIP with SIP trunks. I have a call into our rep but I thought that maybe somebody on the forum would know. Thanks...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

PCI is just a TLA.... Three letter Acronym what do you mean by PCI?

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by R4+Z
PCI is just a TLA.... Three letter Acronym what do you mean by PCI?
I agree I have no idea why a telephone system itself would need to pass security muster for the Payment Card Industry. Perhaps, the ancillary equipment attached to a telephone system would, but again the SV9100 only passes information provided by the end user.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Ya, I know that FreePBX (Asterisk) has HUGE security holes but, as as I know the 9100 cannot allow access to anything other than itself.

I didn't want to assume the Payment Card Industry definition of the TLA as I couldn't see the relationship but if this is the definition of the TLA then sorry but there is no relevance! Why would the industry want a PBX to be PCI compliant when I can just put a Buttinski across a PSTN line and see any DTMF tones sent to line (such as the card number, pin number and security code). Some people have a seriously skewed idea of security over a telephone line! Oh and have been able to for the past 30 years if not more! Also on a more up to date note, I can use a wireshark trace to give me the same information on a VoIP connection.

Last edited by R4+Z; 11/19/23 09:18 AM.
As someone who has run a small call center before, a few things come to mind. If they are recording calls, they will have to have the ability to pause/stop the recording while taking credit card numbers. They will likely need to make sure their audio streams are encrypted if they are using IP phones, which the SV9100 can do. Those are the kinds of things that will make the system "PCI Compliant".

OP Offline
We told the customer that the 9100 does not record any calls. NEC engineering confirmed it as well. The customer has stated EVEN if the 9100 does not record any calls that the agents STILL take credit card info over the phone and the phone system still needs to be compliant. Full VOIP, full SIP trunks. Next step is to see if the carrier is encrypted. Thanks for the responses...

Well, you have options. Encrypting the phones is a license I believe.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,395 Shoretel
189,116 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 146 guests, and 429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024