web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this and has suggestions. We have a Lucent Partner system at a small office. It's worked great off the ATT Pots lines for years.

However, ATT wants to move us to Uverse. Last week the ATT tech arrived to switch us over. However, he told me that the install probably wouldn't work because the Uverse interface likely won't generate the proper ring demand. He didn't know specifically whether the problem was incorrect ring voltage, current, or frequency.

The Uverse interface is an Arris BGW210. I tried to find the specs, but couldn't. I also tried Arris tech support, which was useless.

Could someone suggest how I can interface this Partner system? I presume I need an interface, such as a ring booster?

I appreciate any help because I'm stuck.

Thanks!

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

I connected a Partner ACS to a vonage dial tone, did not work went back to telco pots lines.

Gary Stevens
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
The U-Verse unit needs to be able to provide a 90v 20Hz ringing signal to the Partner system. It should also provide a positive disconnect to cause the voice-mail to release a line when the calling party disconnects.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Thanks to you both for your replies!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Side note: I'm located in Verizon (New England Telephone) territory and have been a subscriber to Verizon Fios since it rolled out in the town back in 2007/8. Both of the ONTs provided by Verizon provide proper service to my Avaya Partner ACS (Caller ID, Positive Disconnect & support rotary pulse dialing).

The church that I attend will be ordering Fios shortly. I have no doubts that the ONT will play nicely with the church's Avaya Merlin Magix. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
However, ATT wants to move us to Uverse. Last week the ATT tech arrived to switch us over. However, he told me that the install probably wouldn't work because the Uverse interface likely won't generate the proper ring demand. He didn't know specifically whether the problem was incorrect ring voltage, current, or frequency.

What happens when you plug a plain old SLT phone into it?

What happens with the Partner when you plug it into it?

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 10/29/23 01:28 AM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,821
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,459 Shoretel
189,224 CTX100 install
187,493 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 8
jsaad 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (nortelvoip), 110 guests, and 64 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024