web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi guys, i have a problem at this new job that I got. Boss is asking me that 1 of the station extension IDCS 28D rings when there is a incoming call (now the phone bases only only blinks green, causing we miss the call if the person calling didn't enter a extension number because of no sound) .

Right now, the systems is set that every time a person call, they can hear the ring in their phones, (for us only blinks) then welcome message and then voicemail if the person calling didn't enter extension. The central we have is a officeserv 7200, I also, don't have access to the IT tool that let me reconfigure this device (last IT left without leaving any documentation).

If I reset the mp20s module should we be able to set everything up from scratch? it is easy in your experience? Also, I can't access the web interface that is supposed to be at the ip idress assigned, only I can connect via samsung IT tool but I dont have the admin password. I tried the default one but not luck yet.

If you have any experience with this please advise. Thanks!,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Don't over think the problem. Is the volume on the set turned too low? Is the phone in Do Not Disturb? The the phone ring on intercom calls (toggle voice to ring if necessary)?

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
You probably need to add extensions to the ring group to get the extensions to ring. A phone in DND will show that on a display.
You can do this all from keyset programming.

Defaulting the system and starting from scratch sure.Is it easy? Nobody can tell you that as we don't know your configuration.Could be easy, could be harder. I am guessing you have little/no experience with Samsung programming? How are you going to do that?

Without knowledge and passwords you are going to be in over your head.

IT tool is old and depending on the software may not work properly. OSDM is what you want.

OP Offline
phones are with volume in HIGH and are the DND is OFF, we can hear the ring when calls are internally but when the call is from outside, the phone only blinks!

OP Offline
I have 0 experience in samsung programming, how do you make just 1 extension to ring? i have IDCS 28D phone but cant find in its manual this function, the DND is set OFF and volume is high, i also have OSDM but without the password cannot even do anything

Last edited by retpaladin593; 10/23/23 10:18 AM.
OP Offline
well, I finally figure out the password but I cannot find the option to make a specific extension to ring instead blink and change the default no extension to voicemail...

pvj Offline
Volume on a extension is set by what the phone is doing, ie to make a phones ring volume louder or softer requires the phone to be ringing while adjusting the volume buttons.
To make a phone ring you need to look at where the lines are ringing in mmc 406 then assign extensions to that group. Example lines ring station group 501 then add extension 201 to the 501 group.The group can be set up different ways but you probably would set ring type to unconditional so all phones in the group ring at the same time. The next destination would be where the unanswered calls are sent to voicemail. At the least google yourself a manual if you don't have one, without it you are going to waste a lot of time.

Sounds like the incoming calls are directed to the voicemail group. if you can check in trunk ringing where it's going that will let you know for sure. If it's not the voicemail group (5x9 or 5xx9) then you can go to Station Groups and look to see if the station you want to ring is a member of the group. If it is, remove it, hit save, then add it back and hit save again.

If the the trunk ringing is going to the voicemail group, you have a more complicated change to make.

Have a boo and let us know.

-B

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,399 Shoretel
189,145 CTX100 install
187,423 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nfcphoneman), 111 guests, and 430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024