web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Quick Question first, then I will mention the reason why in the description below.

The current system is set that desktop extensions require a 9 for outside dialing, but the analog extensions do not need a 9.
Is there a way to dial an internal extension from an analog extension?

FYI, I can log into the system. I have the software and passwords, and I already copied the config file and exported the extensions to a CVS file
The system is going to be removed next week.

I am trying to identify the analog extensions by dialing a digital extension, but dialing any number gets sent out the PRI.
I can pull up the software to see the ports for each extension, but the way they have it wired it's a bit of a pain to trace it (X-connect to 66 blocks, to Patch panel, to super log patch cords, to Avaya). I just wanted to clip on the 66 blocks and figure out the analog extension.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Admin
Admin
Hi David,

If you want to send me the config I can tell you what's happening. Best guess is that the analog extensions are hotdialing 9 or something like that. There is a better way to do things by simply creating a ? shortcode that attempts to send any otherwise unmatched digits out over the PRI. Or if you only have 1 or 2 area codes there create NXXXXXXXXX shortcodes along with 1NXXXXXXXX and 911 etc. codes to ensure outbound external calls route correctly.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Toner
Hi David,

If you want to send me the config I can tell you what's happening. Best guess is that the analog extensions are hotdialing 9 or something like that. There is a better way to do things by simply creating a ? shortcode that attempts to send any otherwise unmatched digits out over the PRI. Or if you only have 1 or 2 area codes there create NXXXXXXXXX shortcodes along with 1NXXXXXXXX and 911 etc. codes to ensure outbound external calls route correctly.

OK Thanks.

If I could just make a quick change that lets me dial an internal extension for now so I can check the extensions, then I can have my assistant work on mapping the extensions.
Right now he is removing an old Avaya Merlin Magix from the same location.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
For analog extensions that we want to "bury" the 9 and just dial on the outside lines, we add a USER short code of N / Dial / N / 50:Main (or whatever ARS table we use for outbound)

Are you able to dial System short codes from the analog station? Like, can you dial *17 and hit voicemail? If so, make a System Short Code of #2XX / Dial Extension / 2N / 0 (assuming the extension numbers are 200-299)

Or, place a call to 1-800-444-4444, flash, and dial the digital extension you want to ring to confirm your extension number.

If you can dial short codes, and you have VM Pro. make a module that has a Generic or Menu where the Prompt is $CLI - it will be like an ANAC, except it will read back the extension number

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,581 Shoretel
189,463 CTX100 install
187,617 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024