Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#590 12/07/02 08:19 AM
OP Offline
Currently I have an Comdial Executech NO308 system. I bought it simply to get my feet wet into phone systems. It has served me well for about 6 months (no loss to me though, it cost me only $80), but I am ready to upgrade to a system that is more robust and featureful. I'm lookingt at the Paniasonic KX-TD308-3 or the Nortel Norstar 616. (yes, I know they are different sized systems, but with Pana I cant afford to get a bigger system that is digital) I have two questions: First, which is "better". Second, I've looked on the internet and there is a Norstar 616 and a Norstar 616 DS. What is the difference?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#591 12/07/02 09:32 AM
you may spend a couple of bucks more, but I suggest you get the AVAYA Partner ACS with the VS mail system. Your gonna pay may then the others, but I sell a lot of them and customers luv em. I am not a norstar fan, never was, never will be!!!

mitch taylor

[Note: This message has been edited by guru]

#592 12/07/02 09:56 AM
OP Offline
maybey I should also metion that this will be installed in a home and NOT an office.

#593 12/07/02 10:31 AM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Panasonic,Nortel,Avaya all make good reliable systems and with the AVAYA and Nortel you can usually get a package deal. It really doesn't matter where you install it they work just as well in a house as they do in an office. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
I will say that the AVAYA is more user friendly as far as programming. If its for a house then go with the PC mail, it will cost you far less then the VS module. The Nortel is easy as well to program once you learn the concepts. If you look around you can get some great deals on these systems. If you need help and need to know how much you should spend let us know how many lines and stations you need. Then I can tell you how much you can expect to spend.

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited December 07, 2002).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#594 12/07/02 11:14 AM
Being a seller of both systems, and seeing that you are putting it in your home, may I suggest you go with the Partner ACS. If for no other reason, any of the ports can be used with an analog telephone with no problems (just in case you want a cordless).

#595 12/07/02 11:46 AM
OP Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phntek:
(just in case you want a cordless).</font>
Which is why I was considering the nortel and pana...specifically Pana since you can use their poroprietary AND standard cordless phones. I will look into the Partner ACS. I did quickly look at the lucent/AVAYA page on telbroker...but i didn't see any KSU's...I saw processors though, and they seemed deceptively inexpensive and it didn't say how many lines/extensions it could handle. Is there not 1 simple self contained KSU for this system (I'm used to Comdial Executech systems and I am completely unfamiliar with AVAYA systems).

[This message has been edited by codasco704 (edited December 07, 2002).]

#596 12/07/02 12:03 PM
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
The AVAYA ACS can be a stand alone unit that runs 3 lines and 8 stations and can grow to 15 lines and 40 stations. The ACS will run single line and cordless phones on any port but 10 and 11, you need to leave those for programming ports.The link below will show you what the stand alone package is. They show it with a 2X4 PC Mail, I would suggest you get the 2X16 PC Mail as it is only a couple 100 dollars more and has 16 mail boxes instead of 4.
The nice thing about the ACS is that you can go down and buy any cordless phones you want.

https://www.telbroker.com/Partner_ACS.htm

[This message has been edited by dtmf (edited December 07, 2002).]

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
#597 12/07/02 12:10 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for your help.

#598 12/07/02 12:15 PM
I sell all 3 although I push the Panasonic.
In this App. your probably better off with the Avaya ACS.
The TD 308 isn't one of Panasonics better moves. without an expansion board only the 1st 4 ports are hybrid. (will support SLT sets)
As for their digital systems you would be better off with the KX-TD 8x16 which as a basic comes 4x8. They do make cordless system phones but there very expensive.
If you use a consumer cordless you still have to enter codes for transfering, call pick-up and hold & hold retrieve. It's a real PITA.
If you do lean towards Panasonic I suggest their analog KX-TA 6-24. It comes 3x8 out of the box and was actually designed for SO/HO.
You can get more Pana. Info. at www.kxtd.com
Keep in mind that if you have a voicemail unit that they all eat up ports off your phone system.
lso check out: https://www.hi-linesupply.com/index.html
And: https://www.metrolinedirect.com/index.html
This should give you something to think about for a while.

#599 12/07/02 01:32 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
You could do well with both the Avaya and Nortel. The nortel might be better if you don't have alot of extra wiring in the house. It only requires 1 pair vs. two pair for the partner. You would be better doing a CICS vs. a 616 system, more features. The DS after the 616 means disconnect supervision, a real must if you plan on having voice mail. I have a CICS and Startalk flash in my home office and I really like it. I am using the T series phones which have a few more buttons and features.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,921
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,107 Shoretel
190,316 CTX100 install
188,610 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jsaad 4
dans 4
teleco 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 164 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024