Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#581155 11/24/14 05:05 PM
OP Offline
Hi all,

I just installed our new Mitel 5000 series system last week. We're currently using 10 POTS lines while we wait for our PRI to drop.

I'm having a few issues that I hope you can assist with:

1) I setup a new key map using Trunk Keys to show 9 out of 10 trunks. This is to make it easier for all the users in the hunt group to see the calls both coming in and that are on hold. When I had Call Keys setup Caller ID was coming up without issue, but the active calls could not be seen by other users. Now that I have the Trunk Keys setup, users are not getting caller ID. They're only seeing the Trunk Group #. What else can I check? Caller ID is definitely active on the lines.

2) A few of the users in that same hunt group are getting complaints from clients stating that they were only on SYSTEM hold for less than a minute and they're getting sent to the voicemail system. Is there a timer for calls that are on hold? If so, I'm not seeing it under the hunt group timers.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I just solved question # 2. I found the alternate Timers area.

I'm still having an issue with question # 1 still. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

I would move them back to Call keys. There’s no reason to look at 10 phone lines, and you used up any buttons that could be used for features. You’ll need to use Call keys when the PRI is installed, and now their phones will work differently.

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply.

Moving them back to Call Keys does not really help me. While caller ID will show up again, the users will not be able to see who is on hold at other phones. I need both options enabled.

Is there something I can do with Call Keys that would allow all Hunt Group users to see whos on hold?

Thanks,
Thomas

Make sure the Expanded CO Call Information on Displays and Outside Party Call Information Has Priority flags are enabled on all stations.

I don’t understand the need to see holding calls. What’s the call flow?

OP Offline
Those flags were already enabled.

The system is setup in a Dispatch 911 facility. Having multiple calls on a single persons, with ringing back when a calls been on hold for a time and new calls coming in, is really driving the dispatchers nuts.

With two supervisors also in the group, they would like to see what's going on with the lines.

Right now it's setup as a linear hunt group, following the sequence specified by the lead supervisor.

Are there any other options I can check?

Thanks,
Thomas

I would change the hunt group to ACD, Longest Idle and Wrap Up Mode For Holding ACD Calls. Change the recall destination to a second ACD hunt group with a higher priority, same members. Calls will be presented one at a time, to whoever has been off the phone the longest. No more multiple calls and recalls are presented first.

It sounds like the hold and recall timers need to be adjusted, if recalls are such a problem.

The line keys will have to go away when you get the PRI, there’s no way around that. If the supervisors really want to “know what’s going on the lines” flashing line keys really don’t tell them anything. Customer Service Manager with Reporter Real-Time and RealViewer would give them a good picture of what’s going on.

Caller ID on Loop Start Trunks is OFF by default in the 5000. You need to go into each LS trunk and set its service type to Caller ID.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,314
Posts638,916
Members49,773
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,061 Shoretel
190,280 CTX100 install
188,541 1a2 system
Newest Members
lyte, 4thright, dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons
49,773 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 20
jsaad 6
teleco 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 185 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024