web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Paula Offline OP
OP Offline
X 380 is the primary. X 368 will be the secondary. 380 is at the boss' house, he sits at 368 when he's in the office.

We want 368 to ring whenever 380 is ringing. I've set up 368 as the attendant for 380.

But I seem to be out of buttons on 368. 380 already has a button, but I think it's what you call a DSS. Do I need a new keymapping? (we have buttons on there we don't need, but it wouldn't let me program them, because they are assigned another way.)

How do I figure out which programmable button is which when looking at the mappings? The picture in the user guide identifies some buttons as menu buttons, but they are just as programmable as all the other buttons on the set!

I know how to display each button's function, but that displays the 'friendly' labels and the key mapping lists codes I don't recognize.

I don't mean to sound clueless (again) but I always have to be retrained every time I go near this thing!

Paula B
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Feature 396 will show what the key does at the phone. Feature 397 will program the key if it can be programmed.

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
RCA Offline
(we have buttons on there we don't need, but it wouldn't let me program them, because they are assigned another way.)
Those buttons that you cant change are assigned in the Key Map. Changing the Key Map will change that button on every phone thats assigned to that Key Map. You will notice in the Key Map there are buttons programmed as "User Programmable Key". Those are the buttons that you can program at the station level.

So to answer your question, yes you would need to make a new Key Map just for that one phone. Be carefull with the Key Maps.

Rhett
Paula Offline OP
OP Offline
Aha! We have a combination of Executive Phones and 8660 IP phones and 8550. The same keymap is programmed for all of them, so the Executive Phones are "out in the cold" with almost no programmable buttons for the user, as they have so few to start with, by comparison.

I think I'll play with a new Key Map. I can see that someone programmed a couple DSS that we really don't need and no one ever uses that I can reprogram as User Programmable Keys.

"Be careful with Key Maps."

Thanks for the warning. I can see that a little knowledge could prove dangerous!

Paula B

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,167 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 98 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024