Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#540075 11/22/12 09:35 AM
adrianw Offline OP
OP Offline
The time has come for me to allow IP phones from the public to use the IPx office. We currently use this system for internal phones so i cannot put the card on the public without causing disruption for the internal phones. I only have one UGW card in the switch (it's in a Data Center as it is a DR PBX not wanting to add the expansion cabinet due to space in the rack) I have a sentinel in place. Using a router (Cisco) using NAT to pass the public IP to the private IP of the Sentinel and on to the UGW. That is working I can browse the card via HTTP (from the public and internal) and my phone registers and comes up. I can dial another phone , the Voicemail or a remote site I hear the ringing but once the other side answers (Phone or VM) there is no audio in either direction. Have removed all ACL's on the router (so no security is in the way) with debug ip nat detailed i see the traffic come in, get xlated then the connection come back out according to the router all is good. There is no firewall in place, only a router performing NAT. Have verified the codecs for phone to phone as well as across the ip net and they are all in the same group, can you point me in the right direction for the audio portion.

Adrian
You are blocking UDP along the way somewhere either the remote site or locally. Cisco and other routers have a knack for blocking even when it says it isn't FYI.

Here are the ports you need (well the ones I use for the Coral IP phones 280s and softphone): I just use ALL UDP and TCP.

16400-16700
3000-3099

Now this is running on my version 14 system in my house. I am sure for sip you will need 5060 etc.

When in doubt wireshark.

Last edited by Coral Tech; 11/22/12 10:04 AM.
adrianw Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm seeing UDP traffic however have seen trouble in the past with NAT before, so the problem must be with the far end as i am able to connect to another office on the public from home fine. Not able to do a wireshark at this time as this is all remote to me (equipment is in a data center couple hundred miles away), may add an additional nic to a Virtual server to span the port. Have you had or seen problems with NAT before when going or the sentinel? With the Sentinel only having one NIC don't see how to place it on the direct internet and speak to an internal network at the same time.

Adrian
No, actually the sentinel usually makes this work so easy compared to what other people have to do in the field on other systems. Ya check those remote routers. Also know that some providers do block UDP.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,892
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,851 Shoretel
189,963 CTX100 install
188,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 7
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (BforBENDETTA), 105 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024