web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Strange as this sounds its like the phones go to sleep on our Axxes system. After not using a keyset for a while when you go to grab an outgoing line by pressing the line key, there is nothing there. If you hang up and try again itwill be there but only for that one line. If you try another line it still seems to be asleep. Is there a timer somewhere that will fix this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
What software version?

When you press the key, does the key light or make a beep, even though nothing happens? You said you have to hang up and try again. What are you hanging up, an error tone, nothing, silence (but key is lite)?

Is it on one phone or all phones?

Are you pressing the OUTGOING key or a key programmed as a line?

If you have a display phone, press the infinity key (sideways 8) and dial 396 and press the key that is giving you trouble. The display will tell you what that key is programmed to be.

Rhett
OP Offline
The software is ver 5.1. It happens on all the keysets.

It is when you select an outgoing line. Our buttons are programmed for lines 1-5 and you can seltect the trunk. When you press the line it places you on speaker phone and you hear dialtone unless the phone is "asleep" as i put it. You hear nothing but silence. After a few seconds, you will see the programmed name of the line appear and the clock will start counting just like when you have dialtone, but it is silence. If you hang up by either pressing hte speaker button or raising the receiver and placing it back on the cradle then you can do it again and you will have dialtone.

If you make another call it will work fine. It's just when its been a little while. Also, just because you make a call on line 1 and it's now awake, line 2 will still be "asleep" so to speak and you will have the same problem on that one. We don't use the outgoing button for reasons that are too complicated to explain here, but what it comes down to as that each team has their own lines and wherever they are they need to call out on their own trunk. They're not always at the same desk.

RCA Offline
Thats interesting. As a tech, the first thing i would do is download your error log and see if anything comes up. Next i would put my testset on the co line and press the key on the phone. Doing that would give me a better understanding of where the problem is.

I havnt encountered this problem with an axxess. There isnt any settings in programming that would make this happen. Sounds like a tech is needed at your site for further investigation. It could be something as simple as the phone system just needing a reset.

Is it Version 5.100 or 5.1xx? xx meaning 5.115 or 5.118 etc. Version 5.100 was a major overhaul from 5.06. And it had some bugs. Not saying what you have is a bug but just throwing it out there.

Rhett
OP Offline
The version is either 5.118 or 119.

If you look at the error report when this happens nothing is generated. In the SMDR report a blank callout entry fo rthat trunk is displayed. SOMETIMES you will get an internal recroding saying the call cannot be complteted as dialed, but it's an internal recroding from the cabinet not the phone company. That seldom happens.

If you listed at the trunk with a test set nothing is heard.

The Axxess 5.1-19 does not have an internal recording for "The call can not be completed as dialed". If you are getting this it is from the CO.
Almost sounds like they are Ground Start lines on a Loop Start Card. Are these copper lines, an adtrans or what.
------------------
Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications

[This message has been edited by DnRComm (edited September 05, 2005).]

DnR Communications
RCA Offline
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DnRComm:
The Axxess 5.1-19 does not have an internal recording for "The call can not be completed as dialed". If you are getting this it is from the CO.</font>
Exactly

flintstone: Was this an upgrade from a version 4 or 3? There were some older LSC cards that had a problem very similar if not the same as to what you are describing. Wich leads me to my next question, what type of lines do have and what cards do you have in the system?

[This message has been edited by RCA (edited September 05, 2005).]

Rhett
OP Offline
I haven't been here long enough to know if it was an upgrade, and unfortunately we hvae no record of it if it is.

The trunks are absolutely Loop Start but they're VOIP until they break out behind the adtran router. When the trunks are used without going through the Axxess they are rock stable and no problems at all.

The LSC Cards have two numbers on them. The first one is 550.2300 the second is 826.4005-4 with a square after it and the number 0 written in it.

I've swapped out the LSC card & the DKSC16 card.

Flintstone, what did you mean by this?

If you listed at the trunk with a test set nothing is heard.

If nothing is heard, i.e. then it sounds as if no dial tone is present.
Not 100% sure what you meant there.

------------------
DnR Communications

DnR Communications
RCA Offline
When your phone is "asleep", what happens when you press something other than a line? Try pressing the voicemail key. If your phone is truely sleeping then i would think this wouldnt work either.

By putting a testset on the co line in monitor mode and pressing the line key on the phone you hear silence? At this point maybe its your other equipment
thats "asleep". If the testset thats in monitor mode has dialtone when the key is pressed (and the keyphone is silent) i would check the voltage on the co line. Actually, I would check the voltage in both cases.

You said you swapped out cards, good.

Try connecting the co line to a standard 2500 set or disconnect the amphenol from the LSC card, and with your testset try to pull dialtone after waiting the normal "asleep" period. What happens then?

Rhett
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,717 Shoretel
189,755 CTX100 install
187,919 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 112 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024