Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
IPX 500.
Have a viking relay to electronic lock on front door.

Viking box connected to viking cpc.

User presses button on viking box, calls boss group to 2 reception phones.
They press a button to let the visitor in, hang up.
The cpc disconnects the call.
Viking unit hangs up, flashes, then rings the boss group back.

Still happens when viking box is swapped out for a plain old single line wall phone.

HELP!

Set the line as an OPX and see if that helps.

mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Where do I do that?

unders SLT there should an option for OPX. set it to yes.

mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, just set it but it did not work.

Viking box still hnags up, flashes and dials the boss group right back. ;(

hmmmm.. Check the COS and see if there is a way of turning hookflash off on SLT's... Apparently the Viking box is not seeing a disconnect from the system..

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Why is the Viking CPC unit in the equation? I think that is where your problem is. Remove this device from the circuit and let the settings of the "Viking box" handle the disconnect supervision.

The CPC unit is likely causing a hook flash simulation, causing the SLT port to think that the call has been placed on consultation hold (preparing for transfer). When nothing happens, the system interprets this as a call that was forgotten and recalls it to the original destination.

The phrase "Viking box" is a bit vague since there are literally dozens of them with differing capabilities. Do you have a part number or at least a reasonable description for it?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry it is a Viking E-30:

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=102

Apparently, the CPC is needed as the disconect time for the Viking relay (have to get part # tomorrow) is not adjustable as far as silince time to disconnect.

It was like 45 seconds or something without the CPC.

It did work for months properly, then this just popped up.
You are correct in that if you take the CPC box out, it works properly, but takes way too long to disconnect/hang up the E-30.

Let's focus on keeping the CPC unit out of the picture. I'll look at the E-30 docs and let you know if I see anything that might help.

I don't know squat about the IPX500, so please don't get your hopes up based upon my input.

When a call on a single-line port on this system is terminated, what is returned to the SLT port? (open loop, silence, fast busy-reorder tone, etc.)

What are the chances of putting this station port into a VM group with analog integration? If this can be done with the IPX500, you could program the inband disconnect digits to coincide with what is necessary for the E-30 to drop the call. I'm just thinking out loud.

It is just that we are starting to find that many of these types of problems have absolutely nothing to do with the phone system itself.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ed,

You jarred my memory a bit with what you said in your last post. There is a section SFE where you can set the Disconnect Tone on SLT. Usually it is D tone that is sent to a VM (Coral Message Center). That may be what is needed. Going one further, put a buttset on the line after you take out the Viking to see what happens when you dial the digits the Viking would be dialing. That would at least also, rule out the IPX500.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,714 Shoretel
189,754 CTX100 install
187,918 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 141 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024