Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
IPX 500.
Have a viking relay to electronic lock on front door.

Viking box connected to viking cpc.

User presses button on viking box, calls boss group to 2 reception phones.
They press a button to let the visitor in, hang up.
The cpc disconnects the call.
Viking unit hangs up, flashes, then rings the boss group back.

Still happens when viking box is swapped out for a plain old single line wall phone.

HELP!

Set the line as an OPX and see if that helps.

mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Where do I do that?

unders SLT there should an option for OPX. set it to yes.

mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, just set it but it did not work.

Viking box still hnags up, flashes and dials the boss group right back. ;(

hmmmm.. Check the COS and see if there is a way of turning hookflash off on SLT's... Apparently the Viking box is not seeing a disconnect from the system..

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Why is the Viking CPC unit in the equation? I think that is where your problem is. Remove this device from the circuit and let the settings of the "Viking box" handle the disconnect supervision.

The CPC unit is likely causing a hook flash simulation, causing the SLT port to think that the call has been placed on consultation hold (preparing for transfer). When nothing happens, the system interprets this as a call that was forgotten and recalls it to the original destination.

The phrase "Viking box" is a bit vague since there are literally dozens of them with differing capabilities. Do you have a part number or at least a reasonable description for it?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry it is a Viking E-30:

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=102

Apparently, the CPC is needed as the disconect time for the Viking relay (have to get part # tomorrow) is not adjustable as far as silince time to disconnect.

It was like 45 seconds or something without the CPC.

It did work for months properly, then this just popped up.
You are correct in that if you take the CPC box out, it works properly, but takes way too long to disconnect/hang up the E-30.

Let's focus on keeping the CPC unit out of the picture. I'll look at the E-30 docs and let you know if I see anything that might help.

I don't know squat about the IPX500, so please don't get your hopes up based upon my input.

When a call on a single-line port on this system is terminated, what is returned to the SLT port? (open loop, silence, fast busy-reorder tone, etc.)

What are the chances of putting this station port into a VM group with analog integration? If this can be done with the IPX500, you could program the inband disconnect digits to coincide with what is necessary for the E-30 to drop the call. I'm just thinking out loud.

It is just that we are starting to find that many of these types of problems have absolutely nothing to do with the phone system itself.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Ed,

You jarred my memory a bit with what you said in your last post. There is a section SFE where you can set the Disconnect Tone on SLT. Usually it is D tone that is sent to a VM (Coral Message Center). That may be what is needed. Going one further, put a buttset on the line after you take out the Viking to see what happens when you dial the digits the Viking would be dialing. That would at least also, rule out the IPX500.

Bingo! I knew there was a way to address this. If the SLT port can send *# upon disconnect, the E-30 will drop out right away. I'd have it send *# several times, just in case.

According to Viking's docs, this is a fixed disconnect code, so it doesn't appear that "D" will suffice. Of course, the phone users could just be disciplined to dial *# manually before hanging up, but that won't last very long.

The CPC unit is doing nothing at all, so take it out right away.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
The Disconnect tone is changeable but it is a system wide feature which may cause an issue if the Voice mail is looking for the D tone if the customer has Loop start trunks. If they have a PRI, I think it would be a moot point on using D as the disconnect tone. .

mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
My bad sorry, it is a K1700, not an E-30.

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/view_product.php?pid=152

It worked properly for months, so it has to be some setting in the Coral 500.

Have you upgraded the Coral system at all in the last few months or since the problem has showed up?

We still need to know what the system sends out to the SLT port once the stations hang up. Is it sending a busy, fast busy, DTMF or just silence?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Maybe the UCMC, but not sure if that is when it started happening.

I will try and find out what it is sending once it hangs up.

Main question,

You say it has been working fine. Now it doesn't. The first question is always, what changed?

There is one thing that appears to be obvious: The K-1700 is staying off-hook upon completion of the call for 40 seconds as is indicated in the Viking documentation. This would be indicative that only silence is being left on the SLT port when the internal party hangs up.

The CPC unit is detecting this silence prior to the 40 second time out and generating an open loop (flash). Since the K-1700 is still off-hook during this time, the system interprets this as a hook flash. Since nothing is dialed after this occurs, I'm assuming that the system must be recalling the original connection from the K-1700 as if the call never ended.

This would be similar to using a flash command when engaged in a regular call but not dialing anything. Most systems would ring the station back to avoid losing the call that was held by the flash.

I'm still a firm believer that the CPC unit needs to be removed from the picture. As for the answer as to what changed, I don't have a clue.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I would check to see if the SLT has mutli appearance set to N and hook flash, 3 way calling and call waiting hf turned off.

Sounds to me like the Coral is interpreting the hangup as an open loop interval and initiating 3 way calling or call waiting, of some kind, and when it hangs up it re-connects the call.

mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
If I knew what changed, I would change it back.

The problem with removing the CPC is that I have 40 seconds of silence until the unit hangs up by the front door.

If their is no silence for 40seconds, no hang up of the Viking 1700.

mboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Multi appearance, hook flash and 3 way all off.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,709 Shoretel
189,747 CTX100 install
187,917 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 97 guests, and 368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024