web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
It's been over a year since I installed and put into service a 1a2 system and phones which sat for over 20 years. Going to be moving in the next year or so and am gathering supplies for a whole new system. Right now I am using 10 lines and 620 panels, with 14 stations. If I get to build the new place I want to have a main 1a2 backboard by the home office and 1a2 phones in the seperate garage, recreation room and around the house. Probably all 24 phones I have and 2 CO lines as well as 10 Voip lines comming from an asterisk box. Current setup works fine and will be removed as soon as I leave Miami. Just wanted some sources for more stuff, if anyone's cleaning out a communication closet in south Florida let me know, I have been collecting some stuff from side jobs and am always looking for anything Western Electric. I have also been pulling 25 and 50 pair cable out for the new setup. It's all good to get.

You can always tell when something is old if it says "Made in USA"
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

the Smithsonian Institute should be of assistance...

KLD Offline
Drop a line to Ed, he has the VA branch of the telecom museum at his place. PLUS he knows all the correct colors adn part numbers for the correct boards.

:scratch:

Ken
---------
just curious..why a 1A2 system?

I Swear I did not touch anything bash
KLD Offline
Same reason I spent 2 hours today, adding a new telephone number, re-terminating wiring, and straightening up the DSL, and changing 51A lamps.

This system I worked on over twenty years ago.

It is an ITT 601. Just like working in a museum but it sure brought back memories. As far as I know it is the last working 1A2 in town.

Low tech but "fun" (?)

wink

Ken
---------
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
No problem with supplies, Rotary500 for the new installation. I have everything that you will need on the shelf, so once you have a shopping list put together, let me know. We have worked together on your system before (last year). If you can send pics of your new space for the equipment, I will be happy to make suggestions for the equipment layout.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
I still have few 10btn ITT sets new in the box. I threw out the 620 panels a few years back. If you need other parts like buzzers and keypads or 400 cards let me know. If this is a hobby or novelty I could understand? Why have a black and white TV when
you could pick up a good used color?

Originally posted by KLD:
Same reason I spent 2 hours today, adding a new telephone number, re-terminating wiring, and straightening up the DSL, and changing 51A lamps.

This system I worked on over twenty years ago.

It is an ITT 601. Just like working in a museum but it sure brought back memories. As far as I know it is the last working 1A2 in town.

Low tech but "fun" (?)

wink
makes sense to me smile

OP Offline
"just curious..why a 1A2 system?"

I originally set up 1a2 to put to use the collection of Western Electric key phones I have. Since IP telephones tend to be cheap plastic Chinese units, it was a good idea to get the old phones connected and just use the Chinese parts in the form of ATA boxes, which have worked extremely well. Hearing a real bell is so much better than the electronic tones! It was also a learning experience to put me back on the level of "old time" phone guys. Also this system is so durable, and easy to troubleshoot that it's good for everyday. With 1a2 and the Asterisk PBX there's nothing a new system can do that I can't.

Still haven't built he new house as I may be moving out of Florida, but the layout is already figured out. Real CO lines will come into a room about the size of a closet (4 x 8) and will have a section for holding the rackmounted Asterisk computer, plywood attatched to some wall area to hold 66 blocks, power supplies, KTU's protectors and so on. Cables will go out from there to accessory buildings to H303 panels to more phones. Believe it or not this is just for a home but I have been able to save tons of money on commute time, by working through the office from home. At my current home I even created a Wi-Fi link to a friend's house and to my parents so we all share the phone system. 1A2 keys at my house show the status of each line in use.

As I said, there's nothing I need that 1a2 can't do.

You can always tell when something is old if it says "Made in USA"
very impressive

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,312
Posts638,909
Members49,772
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,055 Shoretel
190,270 CTX100 install
188,534 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 20
jsaad 6
teleco 6
dexman 4
dans 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, BforBENDETTA), 157 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024