web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Ok I know now what you mean we had the same thing when I was on the testdesk in downtown Los Angeles. But it's been so long ago I've forgotten what we called them.
Thanks ED

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

ictelco Offline OP
OP Offline
Problem resolved. First thanks to everyone for your input on this issue. It has been a real learning experience.
The customer finally contacted me and was ready to give up and asked if I would come on site to try to figure this out.
1. I tried reversing polarity and no change, still dropped calls on hold.
2. On hook voltage was 76.7 vdc, off hook was 52.1 vdc, and loop current was 13.99 mA.
3. Do you know how hard it is to get ahold of someone at "the phone company" who even knows what a "fx" line is?
4. One hour later I've got a trouble ticket for a dso circuit 34UCPAXXXXXXXXXX.
5. Tester calls me back and says "everything looks ok".
6. I asked if line voltages are supposed to be like this. They weren't sure.....
7. Tech is dispatched, on site he says circuit seems ok and he has no way to adjust the voltages.
8. After explaining that there is another "fx" circuit on site with no problems, they compare the two, and tell me one is a 34 UCPA and the other is a 34 UCNA. Interesting enough the other circuit is 52 vdc on hook and has 23.5mA loop current. They will get back to me.
9. Five pm, trouble is resolved, they first tried to lower the gain in an "mst", and finally removed the "mst" (repeater?) from the circuit. I forgot to mention the address was 18000 ft from the co, and was copper end to end.
10. Customer tested multiple times, and call never dropped.
11. Amazing!......

Thanks again,
ictelco

:thumb: Thanks for letting us know what the resolution was.

Retired phone dude
Originally posted by ictelco:

9. Five pm, trouble is resolved, they first tried to lower the gain in an "mst", and finally removed the "mst" (repeater?) from the circuit. I forgot to mention the address was 18000 ft from the co, and was copper end to end.
Thank you for coming back and letting us know the outcome. clap

MFT = Metallic Facility Terminal. They are circuit cards that do both signal and signaling conditioning to circuits going out on copper. They sit in shelves in the C.O.’s and function a lot channel bank cards, but without the T-carrier. (1 analog circuit in, 1 analog circuit out) ... WAY ol’ school stuff right there. eek LOL ... And 18,000 ft off the C.O. Dang! I have to wonder what it’s working on/with now.
:rolleyes:

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,627 Shoretel
189,517 CTX100 install
187,776 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024