web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cheeezn Offline OP
OP Offline
Phone company switched to 10 digit dialing. Didgital lines are able to dial fine. All Analog lines are unable to dial 10-digit numbers. Long distance are not a problem. Any ideas? Timing issue maybe?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

cheeezn Offline OP
OP Offline
BTW, We have had 4 vendors look at this and no one has been able to fix it.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The best way to determine what is actually going on would be to put a digit-grabber on an outgoing call to see what digits EXACTLY are leaving the phone system. This is the only way to separate the problem from a KSU issue versus a provider issue.

You may have a problem on one CO line only, it could be call routing programming in your phone system, a CO problem or half a dozen other things going on.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
If this is a system it sounds like to me that it is seeing the analog 10 digits as long distance dialing; also could be as Jbean3329 says, time to start basic telephony testing.

What phone system is this? With an ECS, you can perform a trace through the Outbound calls programming section. This will show you what the phone system sends for the call by number dialed and trunk group. Using this along with JBean's suggestion of the digit-grabber should give you a clearer idea of what's going on.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

How about cos for the analog stations?

cheeezn Offline OP
OP Offline
According to AT&T. They are receiving only 7 digits when dialing from analog ports. This is an Iwatsu ADIX phone system. Thanks for you help.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
What is the LOCAL provider receiving for digits? Are these POTS lines, POTS lines through a channel bank, PRI or T1 lines?

Is a copy of your phone system's data base available?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,528 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (Touch Tone Tommy, justbill, Professor Shadow, Yoda, Toner), 131 guests, and 287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024