web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#469307 06/19/09 06:16 AM
OP Offline
I am not sure which system I should buy. The first system is a new Samsung 7100 with the SVMI-4E voicemail with 17 digital 28 button speakerphones. It comes with a 5 years parts/labor warranty at no additional cost. The other system is a used 3 year old Iwatsu Enterprise 3.0 phone system with an 8 port TOL Voicemail/Auto Attendant. It has 15 digital Platinium 18 button series phones and 7 Voip 18 button phones. It also has 25 Unified Communications client licenses, plus a remote maintenance modem. Both systems are priced within $500 dollars of each other before adding the warranty cost of $4000.00 for a 5 year parts/labor warranty for the Iwatsu system. Which system would you choose and why? Thanks for any insight that you can provide, as I am just a network guy, with no phone system experience.

Paul M Harmon
Network Administrator
Douglass Harmon, CPA, LLC.
113 NW Third Avenue
Canby, OR 97013
Phone: (503) 266-2272
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
I'm an Iwatsu guy, so I'm a little biased towards the ECS. That being said, both systems are fine products and will serve you well. The real difference between them at this point is the servicing vendor- who can you depend on to treat you right, take care of your system and help you get the most out of it? Do your homework and ask around. Get references for the two (I'm assuming) vendors you're dealing with. Since price is almost a draw, relatively speaking, you'll be best served by having the best possible service you can get for the system you choose.

I can answer specific questions about the Iwatsu if you care to PM me. About the Samsung, not so much.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
A quick note on the TOL... what version would you be running? I do not know the SVMI, but the TOL is not simply a voicemail/auto attendant. It is a full unified communications platform when coupled with your Exchange server. It allows synchronized integration of voicemail and email along with robust Find-Me-Follow-Me features. If you need further information on this product, I've installed and service many... ask away.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

OP Offline
The system is an ECS 3.0, so I guess it would be version 3.0, unless the TOL has been around longer since it is made by ESNATECH, I believe. I just learned that the Voicemail on the Samsung 7100 is embedded on the processor and it has all the features of a SVMI-4E plus an Email gateway for voicemail to go to OUTLOOK. That was one of our desired features. We are not out of the office very often, so the advanced Find-Me-Follow-Me features wouldn't be utilized by us. We don't have an Exchange server, so I don't know how much that would hinder the functionality of the "full unified communications platform". Thank you JBean and Keighlar for your valuable input. laugh

Paul M Harmon
Network Administrator
Douglass Harmon, CPA, LLC.
113 NW Third Avenue
Canby, OR 97013
Phone: (503) 266-2272
The TOL is indeed produced by Esnatech and comes in different version numbers than the ECS which is manufactured by Iwatsu. There is no doubt it will fit your needs. To reiterate JBean... the most important part of the decision is finding an installer that you can trust to service your system well and that will be around in the long run.

Good luck with your decision-making process.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,298
Posts638,870
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,708 Shoretel
189,743 CTX100 install
187,912 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 27
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024