web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KLD Offline
Innerduct --- yes --- but they might make it smaller but I've never seen any smaller that 1 1/4 OD. With the Telco standard 4" definitely place an innerduct to protect the fiber, especially when you are also pulling in copper.

Another old time trick for pulling fiber ---

For a lubricant use corn starch. Not any other, just corn starch. Use this only in dry conduits. And only corn starch, no other types.

You see, if you were to look at corn starch under a microscope you would see tiny little balls. Think mini ball bearings --- rolls real good, makes pulling easy.

Why dry conduits? Add water and you have corn pudding! Think what happens when it dries out --- corn glue.

KLD

Ken
---------
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

HJB Offline
You'll want to use a robust type of construction, such as loose tube, for the fiber cable. Do not even try to pull tight-buffer through it.

A riser-rated loose tube cable (unless you are passing through a plenum). This will give you the added strength to pull it through, as well as the physical robustness to withstand the next guy coming in after you and pulling a 100pr voice feed through the conduit.

If you are very worried about it you could install an interlocking armored fiber cable. You can drive a truck over that without incurring any damage.

Hans Broesicke, RCDD
like KLD Said -

Always pull fiber by the kevlar - not by the jacket!

Future Telecom Guy
Current Network Engineer (data)
Curently Maintaining Nortel MICS Systems, and supporting Intel-Tel.

Certified Fiber Optic Technician & CCNA

Anyone in Seattle able to help hook me up with a telecom gig?
google "woven innerduct"

I have to say that KLD is very much on track here, if it were myself there I would pull everything out and then pull a PIG through the different sections of pipe, the reason I mention this is if it is not what KLD suggested I would be looking for a broken pipe none the less as has been suggested use only the kevlar to pull on as that is what is is in there for and also if you did not know all ready you can test the fibre that you are working on with a device called a LAB Splice these allow you to shoot the fiber with a light meter, it is a very simple splice kit that has index matching gell inside of it, in this apllication the idea would be to get a couple of terminated pig tails of fiber along with the Lab Splice and you can then test all the strands in just a few minutes, oh and always do use a swivle when pulling inside pipe......HTH

Keep The Old Stuff Running
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,312
Posts638,909
Members49,772
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,055 Shoretel
190,271 CTX100 install
188,535 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
jsaad 6
teleco 6
dans 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024