web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I don't normally directly support my customers when they integrate a dialer to a PBX, but this is a new developer who has to integrate THEIR customer.... And both parties are in Mexico, only the business-type guy speaks English, and being a business-type guy, he doesn't understand our requirements enough in order to ask their customer, or the customer's installer. I don't speak enough Spanish to directly ask them either.

Here's what I basically need to know -

Can the iDCS500 look at a T1 or E1 as "analog" (just non-key) extensions?
What are the configs that analog extensions can be added?
What's the capacity of the system, as they have 4000 people on there now, and I'd need only up to 24 more extensions in order to dial up the agents (currently a total of 8 agents...)?
If they were to decide they want to dial out through the PBX, are there simple dial strings that such "analog" extensions can use to always get an outside line?

To put these questions in perspective:
Typically, my customers who integrate with a PBX, use T1 or analog "tie lines" between my dialer and their PBX. The Dialer dials up the agent's desk extension, keeps the connection up, and bridges the calls on the Dialer side. Most customers have the outbound phone service (T1 or POTS) directly connected to the dialer. But there are a couple that abuse the PBX, and dial through it to the already existing phone service... not ideal, when there's 2 or 3 outbound calls for each agent....

Anyway... let me know if there are any reasonable answers, or if you need more info.

Rob Cashman
Customer Support Engineer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Can the iDCS500 look at a T1 or E1 as "analog" (just non-key) extensions? the T1 can see or act as analog loop start trunks when set up that way but can not act as extensions

What are the configs that analog extensions can be added? the only analog stations come on cards they are SLI cards and come in 8 16 and 16 with mw lamp

What's the capacity of the system, as they have 4000 people on there now, and I'd need only up to 24 more extensions in order to dial up the agents (currently a total of 8 agents...)? maybe I missed it but the system cant handle 4000 trunks or extensions, I need a better explanation of the system they are using the caps are 360 stations or 352 lines using t1 cards

If they were to decide they want to dial out through the PBX, are there simple dial strings that such "analog" extensions can use to always get an outside line? yes the extensions can be programmed to grab a line and dial a number if needed or they can be forced to dial only specific trunks or other stations

I might be mistaken but I don't think you can use the T1 card for the interface to grab an outside line from the dialer back to the pbx, you can only get one way communication out of Samsungs T1 card. I think you have to use SLI ports for this as the dialer holds the connection to the station open as long as the user is logged in. I installed a dialer for a customer about a year ago so I'm brushing out some cobwebs here.

Samsung Dealer
www.firstcoastbiz.com

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,300
Posts638,879
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,766 Shoretel
189,844 CTX100 install
187,972 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 165 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024