web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#425964 04/12/06 06:30 AM
OP Offline
Thanks for answering the other post with voicemail and letting me know about the changing the VMAA settings to BI-VMS. Now the system is running well enough to be used. I had some more questions about some of the smaller points on the system that perhaps some of you might know.

1.Is there a way to do System wide LIFO for all mailboxes or do you have to individually go through each and every mailbox to set this up?

2.Does the system have a prerecorded message saying, “ To be transferred directly to a mailbox, dial ____”. It seem that would be a basic recording however it’s not a big deal to record my own prompt. Its impossible to look up the actual code but if you could just tell me yes if you remember if there is one.

3.Can the SVMI offer a Cell phone number if extension is unavailable. I realize how to make the system forward calls to a cell phone number but is there a way to have the SVMI inform the caller of a subscriber’s cell phone number (alternative number) or is the only option just being directly transferred to him?

4.In order to put the system in night made I currently have the specialized ring plan that forwards all calls to the 549 voicemail. The system is basically for the receptionist to click on the RTO button. Is this a good method to use or is there another method that is recommended?

5.SVMI paging over the auto-attendant. Is there a way to have it park the call on an orbit and page with instructions to pickup on the orbit?

I currently understand how to announced pickup codes for the trunk (10$T) and the extension (12$E), but what is the code to park it on an orbit (0-9) system hold?

I have currently assigned a park orbit pickup code of the star key * .

So I guess this is a 2 part question dealing with first if you can park a call of the orbits and
Secondly how can you tell the voicemail to announce the pickup code?

If the “T” in 10$T is trunk and the “E” in 12$E for extension, then is there a code for the orbit(0-9) system hold?

I understand you might now have all the answers but please let me know whatever information you can.

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

1) Set up in the template MBX in order to have each new mailbox have that setting. Other than that, yes you do. I suggest moving to the page in the MBOX Block and the pressing CRTL N and CRTL V to move to the same page in the next and previous mailbox.

2) Not that i am aware of. Check in the Voice Studio if you want, but I would just make my own.

3)Hmm... Never heard anyone want to do that before, you could make a speak block with each persons cell phone number recorded and offer a digit in the extension block that would go to the speak block. It would have to be a different speak block for each extension though.

4)That method is fine.. although we find that the RTO is kinda crappy. We also occasionally use two keys. A RP1 key and a RP2 key right next to each other.. or you could just set up your auto-day/night scheduling in mmc 507.

5) never heard of it being done.

Mitel, Samsung, CTP+ and A+ Certified.
OP Offline
Originally posted by BacherJr:
1) Set up in the template MBX in order to have each new mailbox have that setting. Other than that, yes you do. I suggest moving to the page in the MBOX Block and the pressing CRTL N and CRTL V to move to the same page in the next and previous mailbox.

2) Not that I am aware of. Check in the Voice Studio if you want, but I would just make my own.

3)Hmm... Never heard anyone want to do that before, you could make a speak block with each persons cell phone number recorded and offer a digit in the extension block that would go to the speak block. It would have to be a different speak block for each extension though.

4)That method is fine.. although we find that the RTO is kinda crappy. We also occasionally use two keys. A RP1 key and a RP2 key right next to each other.. or you could just set up your auto-day/night scheduling in mmc 507.

5) never heard of it being done.
Thanks so much. These suggestions have helped me out a lot. The RP1 and RP2 buttons are so much better than dealing with that awful RTO button that is lighted up 24/7 and driving the receptionist nuts.

On question #5, I have found a way to kind of do it but its not perfect.

Since I have replaced the park button with the symbol of the star key * in MMC 724. You can transfer a call to any orbit by pressing * + orbit #(0-9).

So I tell the SVMI system to use the system hold and define the access code as *8, then it announces to pickup a call on *8 which is a lot easier for someone to remember what to dial after hearing “ Extension 324 you have a parked call on One Zero Seven One Three which is what it use to say to pick up trunk 713.

I guess the problem here is that you are limited to only 1 orbit however that is enough for me. I guess the better solution would be if it dialed ** which could place it in the next available orbit on 0-9 and announce whichever orbit it was on like it does with the trunks and extensions.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

OP Offline
Hi.

I actually have an additional question about the directory settings. I change the setting to search for the FIRST name instead of the Last name. Is it normally to have to manually changing all the relative voice prompts?

I’m not sure if there is a problem with the information not working or if this is normal because its still asking asking calls to dial the first few letters of their last name when they go to the extension directory.

Thanks.

Change the name search prompt on page 2 in the directory block from 0127 to 0139 or visa versa. Can't remember which is which.

OP Offline
Originally posted by BacherJr:
1) I suggest moving to the page in the MBOX Block and the pressing CRTL N and CRTL V to move to the same page in the next and previous mailbox.
By the way, this saved me about 2 hours of work. I was slowly changing one screen at a time then pressing CLT + E to exit, then selecting the next mailbox and pressing the arrows to go over to the right place.

When I tried this method, it was so much quicker. It was like rapid fire changing the options on all the voicemail. It was about 10 times faster.

Thanks.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
"3.Can the SVMI offer a Cell phone number if extension is unavailable. I realize how to make the system forward calls to a cell phone number but is there a way to have the SVMI inform the caller of a subscriber’s cell phone number (alternative number) or is the only option just being directly transferred to him? "

Why would you want to do this?Just get the user(s) that want that as a feature to put it in the personal greeting of their mailbox.

OP Offline
Originally posted by pvj:
"3.Can the SVMI offer a Cell phone number if extension is unavailable. I realize how to make the system forward calls to a cell phone number but is there a way to have the SVMI inform the caller of a subscriber’s cell phone number (alternative number) or is the only option just being directly transferred to him? "

Why would you want to do this?Just get the user(s) that want that as a feature to put it in the personal greeting of their mailbox.
Sure that would work. Its just the voicemail lady’s voice is so nice and professional. Its clear and easy to understand.

When people return their own greetings it’s like a mumbled and hard to understand “YO, what’s up, give me a holler on my cell number, later”

But that’s ok, I might have the receptionist leave the personal messages for everyone’s phone so it sounds uniform and professional.

Thanks.

CASE 3
try this:

- create an dialblock with your custom number

- Go to Extension Block, 4 page,define in Daymode for your case goto your dialblock with your custom number.
maybe work ...

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,827
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,569 Shoretel
189,439 CTX100 install
187,602 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 28
teleco 8
dexman 6
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 177 guests, and 242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024