web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dale M Offline OP
OP Offline
Last friday was the first time I ever heard of a Candela h/m sytem. Customer owns a truck stop with small motel (10 rooms). He called to see if I would take a look at it. The problem is he can't ring to the rooms. Here's what I know so far. There is only 1 loop start line feeding it. It has a Cardinal II Attendant console P/N 102693. The ksu has a brand name of Candela and is stamped with ADV H/M Sys 6.08. The stations (except for the console) are all analog. The owner has no manuals on it.

I checked station voltages at the ksu and by my old 7B Sidekick I only had about 20v talk battery. When I hook an analog phone to a station port and then call it, it does not ring, but I can trip the ring and talk. I didn't have a good voltmeter with me to check ring voltage but by my sidekick the voltage about doubled but still not as high as a pots line. I feel that's where my problem is. Anyone out there with a manual or schematic on this? I'm fairly certain this isn't still being manufactured (at least under Candela brand) because it was sold or absorbed by Comdial several years ago.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Its very easy to program.
I assume you have a CRT at the office on it?
Maybe the station ringers are turned off in programming?

Careful with unplugging the handset to console, as it puts system in different ring mode also.

If you look at menu on CRT its very easy to change features of system.

Yes, you can do it without manual.

Good luck to you sir. smile

-TJ-
Dale M Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm sorry, no the console does not have a display and there is no crt tied to it. Are you talking about hooking a laptop to a 232 port on the ksu? I didn't look to see if there was one.

Dale,

No, the ones ive dealt with had a crt (monitor)
plugged directly in the KSU.

This was the way they were installed, so the operator could control features such as check in/ check out the room, as well as anything the system could do.

Very simple set up, but without the display you
are totally in the dark.

You are totally in the dark without the monitor, and no way to control changes, are look at features, setup.

You do have a problem, and i know of no other way to do maintenance on system.

-TJ-
There had to be a monitor at one time ,Look around.You have to have it.

Here while back I was looking for a customer ,just in case i couldn't get theirs backup the battery was gone,I did find parts on the Inet.I threw one away about 2years ago.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
I do have a manual out in my truck if you need specific information. I seem to recall the ability to set an extension for DND, to cause it not to ring. That's a possibility.

The CRT is a simple monitor, with a video feed (NOT RGB like on a computer monitor, or modulated like a TV).

I'm thinking the monitor was connected via BNC connector and coaxial cable, but i only remembering working on two different sites, and it has been a very long time ago.

Tommy, is right about station or room features giving you the ability to control station ring.

Also, the system i remember has a day and night mode feature, which possibility effect your ringing set up.

Look close at KSU and see if there is a plug/connector for video.

-TJ-
I Have a system at my shop. was working when I replaced it. They only had to reprogram it when the power went out. Prob a battery. I beleave there was a monator. PM me if you need parts.

businesstelephoneofpa.com

Planing your phones future is our business.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,988 Shoretel
190,166 CTX100 install
188,349 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (BforBENDETTA), 85 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024