Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#27157 05/26/12 07:53 AM
MnDave Offline OP
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
OP Offline
Speakerphone quality on cell phones is terrible. Does anyone have any experience with speakerphone modules? Wired or Bluetooth?

Ones that I find online have less than glowing reports of their audio.

My motivation comes from having to keep asking the kids and grandkids to repeat what they said when using the built-in speakerphone. Other callers, I don't care so much about. :shhh:

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#27158 05/26/12 08:58 AM
I can tell you that with the sync/bluetooth that came with my Ford truck the sound is great. Audio comes through the regular speakers, mic is on the driver side of the mirror. If you want it louder just turn the volume up. Volume will go back down to where it was when you hang up.

So it can be done.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#27159 05/26/12 09:42 AM
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Dave, I have six grandkids, and I can't understand any of them face to face, 2 ft away--and I for sure, can't understand them on their cell phones---whether I'm talking on my cell phone. or I'm talking on the business phone in the office. They mumble, slur their words, over modulate (with the cell phone sometimes inside their pie holes---they are also doing 4 or 5 different things and talking and grab-$$ing with friends at the same time.

My sister (who I've known for 70 years) breathes so heavy when she speaks--you can't understand but 20% of what she says---but this is the way it is when you talk to her fact to face too. She starts and stops so much when speaking--it drives me crazy.

My wife Sandy, now, is a professional cellphone talker. She talks on her cell I'll bet, 8-10 hrs a day/night. She & her sisters, her daughters, her friends are in constant communication every single day, every hour, every minute. When she calls me, she is absolutely clear. She has to be. Her whole life depends on it. She can call from any location and knows how to adjust the modulation and have her voice be very clear. She needs me to understand every word and nuance---so that I can do her bidding to the letter.

So what I'm saying is---don't rule out grandkids who are idiots (now, I know that you love them). It may be your speaker phone, but I'm guessing that it has a little bit to do with the way they speak and the way they use the phone. JMHO

#27160 05/26/12 10:21 AM
MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
Hal, I know that the car/truck Bluetooth systems can be awesome! I failed to mention that I am looking for something portable and mainly for my home.

Mick, Thanks for the good laugh! Actually, my problem really started when we dropped our land line and gave up our good wired speakerphones.

All, I guess I am probably needing to look at some docking stations. It's just that I am hoping for something that is more portable. I haven't given up on wired lines just to become tethered to an electrical outlet now.

FYI: I've actually stopped at a couple of mobile kiosks and find that they don't even get complaints about lousy speakerphones. Our customers would drag us over the coals if our business phone speakerphones were that bad!

- Dave S. -

#27161 05/26/12 11:20 AM
I failed to mention that I am looking for something portable and mainly for my home.

No, I realize that. I was just pointing out that it can be done based on what I have. Maybe there is a market for conference speakerphone type device that works off a cell phone.

I've actually stopped at a couple of mobile kiosks and find that they don't even get complaints about lousy speakerphones.

Then maybe not.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#27162 05/26/12 12:39 PM
I have a Motorola T505 for the work truck and the speaker works great if not moving, but is less than desirable with road noise. But that's ok, one push of a button and the audio is played over the truck speakers. So, if just the speaker isn't enough for you, and you had a spare radio sitting around the house, you could just "sync" the T505 with the radio and the audio will be as loud as you'd like.

#27163 05/26/12 12:53 PM
Now you have me thinking about my aftermarket visor mount Bluetooth Motorola speaker set.

Call quality should be no different as a speaker phone inside or clipped on the visor.

When it needs to be charged it could be plugged to the wall wart overnight the same as I do now when it gets low.

#27164 05/26/12 03:08 PM
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I think that at&t/VTech has some models that can sync with cell phones.

I Love FEATURE 00
#27165 05/27/12 11:18 AM
MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
Success! I found the Logitech Mini Boombox ($79) and it does what I wanted. It's got about 10 hrs battery life and small enough to fit in my shirt pocket (ok, that looks a little funny). The only drawback is that to use it as a speakerphone, I need to be within a couple feet from the mic. But all and all, I'm a happy camper and pleasantly surprised at the sound from this little toy.

Thanks for all the feedback!

here

- Dave S. -

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,888
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,814 Shoretel
189,927 CTX100 install
188,042 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024