web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
RRTech Offline OP
OP Offline
I had some re-wiring done last night and it looks like one of the ports from our Key Voice PC/DOS voicemail system got pulled (we only have 2 ports so being without one is awful).

The wiring guys traced the wire and punched it to everything they could find in the same area. When checking the Panasonic KX-TD 1232 programming it shows 19-2 and 20-2 as our two ports. We have phone extensions on 19-1 and 20-1.

My question is, how should the voicemail port be punched down on the block? There are 2 pair orange and blue from the wall jack going back to the closet and I have no idea how this should be connected on the block to get the voicemail port back up and running. I believe it needs to go to extension 19 but I really am unsure how the whole 2 devices on one extension works.

Any help is greatly appreciated and I can explain more if needed! Thanks so much.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Take your first port and put it on the white blue going to the vmail. take the second port and put it on the white orange.

W/B will be the two center pins on the RJ11 and the W/O will be the pins next to the two center pins one on the left and one on the right.

You've probably got this thing working by now, but just in case you didn't...
Where you have an extension punched down on 19-1, port 19-2 is the pair directly above it. Same with port 20. The white blue pair from your voicemail will go to 19-2, white orange goes to 20-2.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
RRTech,

Any luck on getting this going?

Justin

RRTech Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks so much for your help, I did in fact get it working. In retrospect it seems so simple that the pair above 19-1 is 19-2 but when you don't know it sure seems hard to figure out!

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,865 Shoretel
189,979 CTX100 install
188,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024