Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Chad B. Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey, have a CallXpress 7.71, recent upgrade. Now I can't get it to dial long distance.
The problem is that we have to dial a 3 digit code after the number, but we have to wait for second dialtone to dial the code.
I can listen to the notification going out, which dials 1+10digits+code, but no pause after the number. Any ideas on how to get it to pause? P, W, or comma after don't work.
Thanks for any advice/help/.
Chad

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

V7 is newer than I have dealt with so apparently the rules have changed. I did send a PM to one of our other Mods though who deals with CallXpress a lot. Hopefully he'll be able to answer your question, so check back soon.

Chad B. Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks, I appreciate it. There are a lot of "features" that are greyed out, and the help says "only available with versions of the telephony server prior to 6.0." Problem is, a lot of these were useful features, like long distance dialing templates, which I really need to use our codes correctly!
FYI, what I'd _really_ like to do is use a different LD access code for each employee that has a long distance phone, so we can bill them until they get a local number. laugh

What Version AVT/AVST Software where you running before the upgrade . Was it NT or OS2 . You must of backed up your database before the upgrade , have you looked at your backup to see what dialing string / rules where applied . We are running 6.xxx on our NT boxes . I will check our edocs in the am on dialing rules/strings and let you know . I hope I can help . smile

Let It Be , I live in a Yellow Submarine . SCCE
Chad B. Offline OP
OP Offline
OBTW, our old box died (HD failure) so we don't _have_ the old database to reference. Think it was 5.5 or so. NT, or rather 2000 server. I will see if our installer has any info, but he hasn't been too much help on this.

Chad
You should of been backing up to a network drive . Then this would not be an issue . I will still check our Edocs . I will help you all I can . We may have to contact each other via PM depending on what I find in the Edocs . Have your AVST start doing automatic backups to one of your network drives and put it's folder on your desktop once a month . Just a suggestion . smile

Chad here is a list of valid dial plan for you avst .
Valid characters for dialing plan

These characters are valid for use in the dialing plan:

Characters
Description

0–9, A-D, and #
Represent DTMF digits

X
Represents a single digit entered by callers

Copies all digits beyond this point

W
Signals the telephone system to wait for dial tone before proceeding

F
Signals the telephone system to generate a hook flash

P
Signals the telephone system to pause for one second

<> (angle brackets)
Separates digits to be sent out-of-band (instead of over the telephone line) in an outband integration

-, (), and . (hyphen, parentheses, and period)
(Optional) Can be entered for clarity

Important The same dialing plan characters can produce widely different effects on different telephone systems. Consult the integration document for your telephone system before configuring or modifying your dialing plan.

so your dial plan should look like this

Modified Phone # 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
Dialing Instructions 1-xxx-xxx-xxxxpw-xxx

hope that helps

smile

Chad B. Offline OP
OP Offline
OBTW, thanks but, when I try to put in the modified phone # as 1-985-xxx-xxxx, and dialing instructions as 1-985-xxx-xxxxPW-xxx, I get a window titled AT_MBox, that tells me "The phone number 1985-xxx-xxxxPW-xxx contains invalid characters "pw" that will be removed. The valid values are "0123...ABCD*X-()#"

This is NOT what the help file tells me, it says I can use P,W....et cetera.

At this point, It'd be fine to have all LD voicemail callouts use the same code, I just really need to get it working.
Ideas?
Thanks again.

let me see if I can input that string in our release 6 boxes .I will post back .

Chad
The P&W is not supported in Release 7 . If you post a clear description on your application . I can probably find a work around for you . Let us know . Thanks smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,875
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,742 Shoretel
189,816 CTX100 install
187,942 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 21
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 132 guests, and 298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024