Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#256443 12/15/05 04:14 AM
dti13 Offline OP
OP Offline
We've been installing Key Voice Verbatim systems for many years dos as well as windows based. I've run into a baffling problem. This system is Win 2K based Interchange 10.4. on Comdial DSUII. Each day sta 10 has 100 phantom messages. I've checked each box for correct entries,such as message wait field, etc., trans type, etc., each port answers, everything that typically causes the system to go off hook and end up in sta. 10. Nothing seems to work. When I monitor system I rarely see messages being delivered. It seems to happen overnite. I thought for sure it was a message waiting issue, but I can't isolate it. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
Check your log file in the VM directory. It is updated at midnight everyday. Simple text format. May lead to your answer. I'd bet on an endless loop scenario in the night routing box. See if sta. 10 is the Operator for class of service 0.

[Linked Image]
sounds like your night routing box is set up as if no digit dialed is set to go to mailbox 100.

I would set it up so your routing box repeats the options twice and say goodbye if no digit dialed.

If the customer needs this set up for rotary callers so no digit dialed customers get a chance to leave a message.

I have set it up to go to another routing box based on voice responce. Then tell the caller to press 0 if they wish to leave a message. The voice responce is looking for any noise not just a voice, so I then ask the rotary caller to dial 0. the rotary will send out 10 pulses for the digit 0 and the vmail will pick it up as noise and transnfer the call.

Keep in mind the voice responce only starts listening after your recorded message so try and end it right after you say please dial 0.

dti13 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks a lot.

Well what happend? is it fixed?

dti13 Offline OP
OP Offline
BigDog3c,

Yes , it is fixed. the log file helped a lot. An invalid mailbox. Thanks.

Moderated by  5years&counting 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,866 Shoretel
189,979 CTX100 install
188,098 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (dexman), 97 guests, and 29 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024