I have a samsung starmail voicemail system at one of my locations that is giving me a real headache. About a year ago, the users noticed station to station calls were ending up in the group voicemail boxes. The intended recipient would still receive his or her message but a copy would be in a group voicemail box. The message also would not be broadcasted. When someone went into the group voice mail to delete the messages, they would discover these other messages. At first, I thought it may be user error. But as I monitored the situation, I realized that wasn't the case. I replaced the hard drive in September 2001. That helped for about a month. Then it started again. I have reinitialized the system twice since. The only thing I've noticed that may have an effect on the situation is after I reinitialize the system, everything is fine until someone manually deletes a message from a group voicemail box. This shouldn't be an issue because I have 2 other locations with the same phone and voicemail systems, identical setups, and they have no problems. I've even sat down and gone over each setting for the offices and they are identical. Other problems occur sporadically and its obvious that I should replace this system. A replacement is in the works. I am currently working with vendors on a proposal to replace the phone systems at all 5 of our locations and network them together over our frame relay. At my central location, we're going to beef up our existing keyvoice system and use it as the central voicemail. But that isn't going to happen until late 2002 or early 2003. In the mean time, I can't justify paying $8,000 for a new system to replace the failing starmail system when the new system wouldn't be compatable with our future system. So...if anyone out there has a fix or bandaid suggestion to get me by, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve