I am not sure how to ask this question but I will give it a try.

Does anyone know how the VOIB card initiates the talk path for SIP traffic? I am questioning if there is an init or awake request to before the SIP traffic starts?

I have an install where the incomming SIP traffic can be viewed in Wireshark. The outgoing traffic will not start - it is not viewable.

When an outgoing call is initiated, the SIP line is picked up, a dial tone is heard, we dial the number and then after about 5 secs of no activity the line will busy' out and the release itself.

During this, no SIP traffic and NO other traffic is visible in the capture.

The SBX is pointing to a edgemarc SIP router that is transparent to/on the private side with a Public IP assigned for that traffic. The correct IP is on the SBX for the gateway IP Private side on this router.

Since I can ping the ip of the VOIB card and watch the SIP traffic coming in, I can tell that if any traffic was initiated on the VOIB for outgoing I should see something even if it's not SIP ???????

Any input here? I am waiting for another board member to PM on what he found out working with the edgemarc. But in the meantime any input of what is suppose to happen on the init side of outgoing would be appreciated.

I think I am not talking about routing here as no traffic is seen rather the VOIB seems to be a sleep and does not know to tranmit or start the SIP

ps. Vertical is trying to blame the use of a private IP but if the router is SIP and transparent and IP is an IP and I am thinking that something else is wrong

Thanks BW