Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#188840 03/24/07 03:09 PM
OP Offline
hi all,

ive been working primarily with toshiba for the past six months and id like to move into the certification process as it will boost my pay potential significantly. it appears that the company i work for is disinterested in getting me certified, one because i can do what they ask me already without it so they feel no need to get me certified and have to pay me more for what i already do, and two becuase they have a history of certifying techs and then losing them to bigger better things.

given this ive decided to take it on myself so i ask you, how do i get certified?

"It is what it is." R.R.
CTP, TCTS, StrataCIX
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#188841 03/24/07 04:39 PM
*69 Offline
Well you need to have a loggin user name and password made on the Toshiba website. Once you achieve that then you can go to the Toshiba University website to get certified.

National Networks
Authorized Toshiba, NEC, & Inter-Tel
www.ntwo.com
#188842 03/24/07 04:48 PM
I have been certified on all the DK product line when it was popular and *69 is correct it maked it nice when you have the user name and password set up to go on line and get certified. If you can get it done do it if not for a pay raise do you for your own accomplishment. The toshiba was the very first system I was certified on and it really boosted my confidence.

Good Luck

#188843 03/25/07 01:05 AM
Former Moderator-Toshiba, Request an Installer
Is your employer an authorized Toshiba Dealer? If not, then you won't be able to get any certs from Toshiba. Only dealers can get their employees user names on Toshiba University.

If they are a dealer, then by all means get on the computer and take the on-line courses. Then you can go to the week-long training classes in Dallas or Irvine.

BTW, you won't get any tech support unless you are certified.

Good Luck

Dan

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom
#188844 03/25/07 01:56 PM
I have looked into this as I have a similiar situation. Chatting with Toshiba you will find no help unless you become a dealer. The other option is finding a user name and password for thier FYI site. Good luck on that. I'm one of their 25 year techs that they dropped because I didn't call on them enough for support. No good dead goes unpunished. I wish you luck.

#188845 03/26/07 02:19 PM
OP Offline
yeah my company is a toshiba dealer but im tired of asking them for certification training and it looks like i may not be with them much longer anyway given their general level of disinterest in educating their capable techs.

so youre saying that i have to be employed by a dealer to get access to their "university'? or just have a login name at toshiba? it doesnt seem likely that they have open doors to anyone with a login but again ill check it out. i want that cert.

any words of wisdom regarding convergence certs?

"It is what it is." R.R.
CTP, TCTS, StrataCIX
#188846 03/26/07 02:55 PM
You have to register your user name and password thru a Toshiba Dealer. They don't let just anyone into their University ....Kinda like going to Harvard!

Now available Voicemail Programmer Kit to program your Toshiba Voice Mail across your network.

Toshiba Technical Support at: One Ring Telecom

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,866 Shoretel
189,979 CTX100 install
188,101 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 6
teleco 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (R4+Z), 73 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024