web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi all,

Is there any easy way to locate which handsets are connected to our analog lines?

Because we work in a busy environment, its not easy to call the number and work it out, so I was hoping to find a way using either eManager or physically looking at the cabinet?

I'd appreciate anyone's input.

Regards

Gavin

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
To use analog Telephones on the Telrad system you need to have a support card for it. (ONS,HONS,SLD,SHD)

If you don't have one of these cards you can only connect directly to the Local Lines and Bypass the phone system.

The handsets (EXT) are not connectly directly to the outside lines in any PBX inviroment.

Not sure on what your question is. I think you are going to need to hire a local dealer to help you out.

OP Offline
Tony, thanks for getting back.

From what I have been told, we have a digital system with a 4 channel analog fall back.

If the ISDN goes down, these analog lines take over.

I'm sure we have an ONS as we've seen it in emanager.

The 4 lines when active ring through to 16 handsets within the building. I am assuming via the original telephone system.

What we're trying to find out is which ones...

Is there anyway to find out which handsets are linked to which DN? We know the DN's for our analog lines if that helps?

Regards

Moderator-Telrad
Moderator-Telrad
I don't know if the Analog phones are connected to the system or the Outside line. You would need to purchase Tech support so we can talk to you over the phone and help you out. I can't understand what you’re trying to accomplish.
The only thing I can think of is you are try to find out the EXT of the Analog phones. Try calling a digital display phone from one on the Analog phones. In the display it will tell you the ext number(DN). If you have the E-manger program look in the Ons CARD.

jd Offline
I think what you are getting at is that if your isdn goes down your outgoing calls would fall back to analouge trunks and your main no could be forwarded to these analouge lines
the programming should be visible in emanager/private trunks probably pointed at a hunt group/mdn group then go into that group and see what members are in it

Moderated by  SSPhone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,305
Posts638,893
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,885 Shoretel
189,988 CTX100 install
188,107 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
dans 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 65 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024