web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We are opening a small warehouse in Mexico, and the local vendor has quoted us a KX-TES824 system. I plan to have a paging speaker in the warehouse connected to the page port of the system. However, I also want the PA speaker to ring when the phones ring so they can hear it in the warehouse. I don't have experience in Panasonic, but for Nortel and Inter-tel, we usually take a spare phone, add it to the ring group, then simply tie the phones internal speaker output to the PA speaker. I could do the same thing here I suppose, but I'm wondering if this system has anything built-in that would accomplish ringing the PA output on the system when the phones ring.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you get a wheelock or bogen amp they have
ringing modules that will make pa system ring
on calls .You connect a analog ext to the ringer
module and viola!

OP Offline
Originally posted by kxtvet:
If you get a wheelock or bogen amp they have
ringing modules that will make pa system ring
on calls .You connect a analog ext to the ringer
module and viola!
Hmm. Well, I wasn't planning to have an amp actually. I was simply going to go from the external paging jack on the KX-TES824 to a powered PA horn (Valcom 24V 5W). That should handle the paging, just need the ring. I may need to tie the speaker output from the shop phone to the PA horn as well. See any danger in doing that without an actual audio mixer?

you could wire up some a dee's 20db stingers loud ringers on analog ext.

OP Offline
you could wire up some a dee's 20db stingers loud ringers on analog ext.
That may be the best idea. The system has 8 extensions available, and I should have at least 1 extra for this purpose.

OP Offline
Originally posted by alphagsc:
[b] you could wire up some a dee's 20db stingers loud ringers on analog ext.
That may be the best idea. The system has 8 extensions available, and I should have at least 1 extra for this purpose. [/b]
Actually, I just looked at the manual again and noticed it says: Any single line telephone (SLT) can be connected in parallel with a proprietary telephone (PT) to a Hybrid Port on the PBX. Maybe I won't need a dedicated extension then.

Admin
Admin
Here's a thought. Bogen NR-100A.

Carl

Actually, I just looked at the manual again and noticed it says: Any single line telephone (SLT) can be connected in parallel with a proprietary telephone (PT) to a Hybrid Port on the PBX. Maybe I won't need a dedicated extension then.
Depends on whether you want the PA ringing on intercom calls as well.

If you use a dedicated extension for the PA ringing, you can control whether it rings immediately on all incoming calls or just after a delay if the call isn't answered in the office. And change this for lunch/evening times etc.

OP Offline
Originally posted by Carl Navarro:
Here's a thought. Bogen NR-100A.

Carl
Yes, nice. However, I won't have an amp to connect the output to, just the powered PA horn which will already have the External Paging jack from the PBX connected to it. Not sure if it's a concern to have two inputs simply tied together to the paging horn like that.

OP Offline
Originally posted by Owain:
[b]Actually, I just looked at the manual again and noticed it says: Any single line telephone (SLT) can be connected in parallel with a proprietary telephone (PT) to a Hybrid Port on the PBX. Maybe I won't need a dedicated extension then.
Depends on whether you want the PA ringing on intercom calls as well.

If you use a dedicated extension for the PA ringing, you can control whether it rings immediately on all incoming calls or just after a delay if the call isn't answered in the office. And change this for lunch/evening times etc. [/b]
Well, if it's connected to the shop phone, then I guess it doesn't matter if it rings for intercom calls as well. Actually might be better if it did. I could still use a dedicated port if needed. I didn't realize the KX-TES824 had the ability to control a delayed ring based on a schedule. I don't have the programming manual though, just the installation and user manuals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,883
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,786 Shoretel
189,857 CTX100 install
187,986 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024