web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Would you please let me now if it's possible, and if so outline how, to perform the following:
Incoming calls answered by custom service, caller selects an option, selected phones ring, if no answer caller transfered to an outside number using the telco's centrex type feature.
Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

a tvs 200 won't do it only tvs's with a 25 in it did a centrex transfer properly

Dale, welcome
Incoming calls answered by custom service: Yes
caller selects an option: Yes
selected phones ring: Yes
No answer caller transfered to an outside number using the telco's centrex type: NO
But, you can set the phones to go to the mailbox on busy/no answer and set up message waiting notification which will call a number and you can retrieve the message.
You can leave the call forwarding on and set up a one touch along with a digit to turn the external message notification on and off.
-------------------
MrG

something like this might work ...or might not ...this doesn't use the centrex feature, and it will conf 2 lines together, but it might get the caller to the outside phone number.....(if you are not an experienced tvs installer you will probably need one to set this up)

after the call rings the designated phones and returns to the vmail, set that mailboxes "incomplete call handling status" to "covering extension",(which means that when the call returns to the vmail, instead of playing the personal greeting, the vmail will automaticaly send the call to another ext) have the covering extension set to "call fowarded external". you will have to put the covering ext into the "alternate transfer list" and play with the "alternate transfer sequence" to make it do a "blind transfer with a delayed disconnect". something like "fxwwwd" use to work for me.

make sure to assign the covering extension number in "mailbox settings"

also make sure "call transfer and call fwd to co" is enabled in the td1232 cos for the covering ext.

note... the covering ext can be an unused xdp port (like 202,203) (assigned in "mailbox settings") - with a test set on the 66 or 110 block you can set that ext for "call fwd external" to the desired phone number - i think the code would be "7102699+phone number+pound". (the second "9" is needed if you have centrex)

intercom 71 or forward 06 99 xxxxxxxxxx #

my mistake - good catch CW

not sure incomplete call handling would apply
to a call that arrives via custom dialing menu
it's not the same as arriving via auto attendant
but you are on the right track bud with dummy
ext there's a device that is called the ultimate
call handler that could be parked on a slt
that was in the ring group that would answer do a flash 6 9 and all that would solve there problem bit pricey though.

i remember setting up the a similar scenerio at a big supermarket where we have a d1232 and a tvs.
calls come in and get a custom greeting. the customer dials the correct digit for the admin office and the two office phones ring. if no answer the call returns to the vmail and is automatically routed to the covering ext which is an unused xdp/slt port that i fowarded external to the managers cell phone so the manager can get those calls if she/he is offsite.
it worke pretty well.

unfortunately, without having a test system in front of me, it's a bit dificult to remember all of the exact settings i used. i remember it took some onsite testing and tweeking till i got it to work.

OP Offline
Thanks for all the help. I now know where to go for answers on Panasonic system. In the end we decided the best bet was to upgrade to TDA/TVA systems. No more beating heads against walls. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,317
Posts638,933
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,152 Shoretel
190,357 CTX100 install
188,739 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dans 4
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
5 members (justbill, hbiss, pvj, lyte, Carl Navarro), 166 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024